Meter/pump query

sjm1308

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I currently use the accu check mobile but my gp tells me they no longer supply the fastclix Lancets for it. I'm not sure why as I can still get the cassette but anyway...I was considering changing to a different meter but I remember my dsn showing me a meter that links to the pump I'm getting next month...I think! It's a Medtronic 640g can anyone clarify if I'll need a separate meter/Lancet etc? Tku

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi, I currently use the accu check mobile but my gp tells me they no longer supply the fastclix Lancets for it. I'm not sure why as I can still get the cassette but anyway...I was considering changing to a different meter but I remember my dsn showing me a meter that links to the pump I'm getting next month...I think! It's a Medtronic 640g can anyone clarify if I'll need a separate meter/Lancet etc? Tku

Hi, I use the fastclix lancets. The meter that comes with and connects to the pump does come with a finger pricker BUT it is rubbish. Stick with the fasclix

dmckatana

I for a 640g and it came with the meter that connects to the pump. Also speak to your Dr about the lancets, I did and am still getting them even when they stopped me getting the cassettes for the mobile meter.