Meters & Lancing Devices

Daks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey guys,

So I'm looking to purchase a meter and lancing device and was hoping to get some feedback.

I know nothing about the different brands, maybe you could factor in things like cost, accuracy, reliability and pain factor. Also a good place to purchase from, eBay maybe ?

Your advice is as always valued and appreciated.

Daks

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Most of us Type 2's that buy our own go for the Codefree because it has the cheapest test strips, and you need a lot. Meters are not expensive, and many are given free, but the strips cost up to £25 for 50, which is exorbitant.

Have a look here . http://www.homehealth-uk.com/medical/blood_glucose_monitor_testing.htm
If you buy 5 boxes (250 strips) or 10 boxes (500 strips) there is a substantial discount.
Promo codes 5 boxes 264086
10 boxes 975833

Reactions: 2 people

neverforever

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi I was lucky my nurse gave me mine and the test strips so cant help there. Look up how to test on the net, there are some good sites just to give you basic tips and technique so you don't get sore etc. Making sure your hands are warm, what part of your finger tip to use etc. Just a couple of minutes read,worth it. The meter will come with instructions too. Once you've done it a few times you will be fine. Id say 99% of the time im ok but every now and again when im rushing ill catch myself. Good luck:)

Reactions: 2 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Hi Daks

I use the Codefree as @Bluetit1802 referred to.

Don't worry about the 'pain' bit - it's not like sticking a needle into your finger, the lancet device is an adjustable spring-loaded thing that you set to the lowest setting that will just prick your finger enough to get a blood droplet to sample.