Metformin and burning tongue

Cyclospora

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've been diet controlled for 9 years now but at the end of 2018 I had a HbA1C of 69, was put on metformin but stopped after a day or two of bowel side effects as I was going on holiday. So instead made a huge effort with walking on hol and low carb (easy on a cruise!) And did not go back onto metformin. After 3 months my level was 43. Delighted. But now I've gradually fallen off the wagon and level is now 70. I've already sorted my diet out and have lost 8lb since Christmas but my DN has advised me to go on Metformin again. Fair enough I said I would try it again.

I took one earlier after tea but noticed that my tongue and side of my throat burned. Has anyone had this? Not sure if its an allergic reaction or irritation of the tablet.

Reactions: katie505

Pcblue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been diet controlled for 9 years now but at the end of 2018 I had a HbA1C of 69, was put on metformin but stopped after a day or two of bowel side effects as I was going on holiday. So instead made a huge effort with walking on hol and low carb (easy on a cruise!) And did not go back onto metformin. After 3 months my level was 43. Delighted. But now I've gradually fallen off the wagon and level is now 70. I've already sorted my diet out and have lost 8lb since Christmas but my DN has advised me to go on Metformin again. Fair enough I said I would try it again.

I took one earlier after tea but noticed that my tongue and side of my throat burned. Has anyone had this? Not sure if its an allergic reaction or irritation of the tablet.