Metformin prolonged release

19Chrissie56

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My GP changed meds to Metformin prolonged release. They upset my stomach with nausea and diarrhoea . Was advised to leave them off as was going on holiday and the last thing I wanted was to be ill. Managed it with diet and have lost 8lbs so far. So back from holiday, took 2 with my evening meal. 4 hours later, same again.
So I guess it’s back to GP again. So fed up

Reactions: Dondas3@

Dondas3@

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's me, try to reduce the dosage. Only some times it upsets me. Just can't figure out why. Hope you fell better

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My GP changed meds to Metformin prolonged release. They upset my stomach with nausea and diarrhoea . Was advised to leave them off as was going on holiday and the last thing I wanted was to be ill. Managed it with diet and have lost 8lbs so far. So back from holiday, took 2 with my evening meal. 4 hours later, same again.
So I guess it’s back to GP again. So fed up
If you can manage with diet alone, would you consider a dietary change with a permanent nature? I ended up not needing the met at all that way. Metformin isn't mandatory, even in the leaflet it says that it should be prescribed when the patient has had three months to change their lifestyle/diet around, and to give metformin when that hasn't had the desired effect. You have options. ;)

19Chrissie56

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. Have already made dietary changes, low carbs etc. Have lost 8lbs so far. I would live to be able to do it this way. Rather than more meds. Thank you so much

Reactions: Dondas3@