Mfp query

vxrich

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi I've just been onto my fitness pal to enter my last meal and I noticed that my remaining amount of protein for the day is too high. I work on 80% fat, 5% carbs and 15% protein (which equates to 94g per day) but today it's saying I need 152g. Now I've just realised that my new garmin watch has synced with mfp and has told it that I've burnt 1550 cals on a run hence it thinks I need more cals to compensate for it? When I worked all of my macros out I entered my activity level which I guess is how it works out my daily macros so with this in mind should I be eating 2500 cals per day including cals burnt during exercise or 2500 + whatever cals I burn during exercise? And if I need to be eating 1500 cals extra per day where am I going to get them from? I'm already on 2 bulletproof coffee's a day!

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think these calculators like mfp are great for getting the macros right.

When it comes to the amount of food in a day, isn't hunger a better tool? Eat when hungry, stop eating when you feel full, repeat when needed?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just ignore the extra calories and nutrients it says you need. Stick to the original ones. When I used MFP I did that by not entering my exercise routine for the day. How about switching off the sync? Any additional calories you burn can be regarded as a bonus!

vintageutopia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think these calculators like mfp are great for getting the macros right.

When it comes to the amount of food in a day, isn't hunger a better tool? Eat when hungry, stop eating when you feel full, repeat when needed?

Yes! Some days, I am more hungry, so I eat more. Other days, I am not as hungry, so I eat less. I find that I naturally follow a eat more, eat less, eat more, eat less sort of feeding pattern. In the end, it all seems to even out.

Reactions: 2 people

vxrich

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks for the replies. Yep the sync has been turned off! Just confusing things!

Reactions: 2 people