1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Miao Miao

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments' started by Carmelo BR, May 28, 2019.

1. Carmelo BR

Carmelo BR · Member

Hi!!
    Anyone here has used a device called Miao Miao, that’s used together with the Free Style Libre????

Thanks in advance!!!

2. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Lots of people - @Knikki, @Mel dCP immediately spring to mind.
    Are you having problems with it?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Muneeb

Muneeb Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Not to high jack the thread, but anyone know of any news regarding the libre 2 release in UK?

4. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Think @Scott-C had an update following the Rise of the Machines event.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Knikki

Knikki Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tag @Diakat

Hello @Muneeb Libre 2 in the UK and where between June this year and 2020 seems to be what the rumours are other than don't know ~shrug~

Hello @Carmelo BR yes I use a MiaoMiao there are a few of us that do, yes it will work with the currently available Libre here in the UK. You will need to get hold of a third party piece of software, xDrip or GLIMP on Android, where as on IoS it is Spike and obviously a combatable smart phone.

Here is a link to the website that can give you info on it https://miaomiao.cool/

If you really want one then I think either myself or Mel have a code to get some money off one :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Brilliant advice once again off @Knikki
    If you are having any issues with the MM @Carmelo BR post away....someone should be able to come up with an answer/

@Muneeb I was recently at a pump meeting where there where a few reps from different companies attending. The Abbotts rep seems to think it will be early next year for the UK release??:confused::confused:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Muneeb

That's a bit of a shame, would like updates on my phone but didn't want to get a miao miao and it be redundant in a couple of months.

8. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I believe the 3rd party developers ie Xdrip etc are very close to cracking the coding on the new sensors

9. Mel dCP

Mel dCP Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Love my MiaoMiao :) takes a Libre to a whole new level of awesome!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Gaz-M

Gaz-M Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I useLibre, miaomiao, xDrip+ and Andriod aps ( andriod atifical pancreas ) works well so far and would reccomend a miaomiao without hesitation

11. Stroudie

Stroudie Type 1 · Member

When ordering more Libre sensors I asked the guy when Libre 2 will be available and he said not till next year. Somewhere else I heard that it was only available in Germany and Norway at present.

12. Muneeb

Not to be cheeky, but could I possibly get a code? Thanks

13. Knikki

Knikki Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Yes you can and check your PM :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Muneeb

Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  15. tim2000s

tim2000s Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

A few points here.
    1. The Libre2 encryption has been understood and cracked by the dev team for LimiTTer. The third parties have agreed licensing and need to update their products. Whether it will be possible to update hardware yourself is anyone's question. But...
    2. A patched version of the Librelink code on Android has been created that allows the data transmitted by Bluetooth to be passed through to other apps (like AndroidAPS or xDrip) so there is no need to use a third party transmitter. This is still in testing but seems to work well.
    On the Libre1 with MiaoMiao, a couple of warnings:
    1. When the Libre scanner reads values that are a long way from blood, xDrip/Spike values seem to be considerably worse than when the Libre scanner reads closer to blood levels.
    2. Error codes can be interpreted as very high values, so even with a well calibrated Libre on xDrip/Spike, make sure you test blood when they read high numbers (18+).
    3. Libres are known to be substantially less accurate when looking at number in the higher ranges, so if you are looking to correct a high glucose level, check with a fingerprick.
    4. Calibration is really important to do well.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Muneeb

I ordered one last week, so will just wait for it to come. I used your code, so you should probably get something.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook