Miao Miao

Carmelo BR

Hi!!
Anyone here has used a device called Miao Miao, that’s used together with the Free Style Libre????

Thanks in advance!!!

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Lots of people - @Knikki, @Mel dCP immediately spring to mind.
Are you having problems with it?

Reactions: Knikki

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not to high jack the thread, but anyone know of any news regarding the libre 2 release in UK?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Brilliant advice once again off @Knikki
If you are having any issues with the MM @Carmelo BR post away....someone should be able to come up with an answer/

@Muneeb I was recently at a pump meeting where there where a few reps from different companies attending. The Abbotts rep seems to think it will be early next year for the UK release??:confused::confused:

Reactions: Muneeb

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Brilliant advice once again off @Knikki
If you are having any issues with the MM @Carmelo BR post away....someone should be able to come up with an answer/

@Muneeb I was recently at a pump meeting where there where a few reps from different companies attending. The Abbotts rep seems to think it will be early next year for the UK release??:confused::confused:

That's a bit of a shame, would like updates on my phone but didn't want to get a miao miao and it be redundant in a couple of months.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
That's a bit of a shame, would like updates on my phone but didn't want to get a miao miao and it be redundant in a couple of months.

I believe the 3rd party developers ie Xdrip etc are very close to cracking the coding on the new sensors

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
I useLibre, miaomiao, xDrip+ and Andriod aps ( andriod atifical pancreas ) works well so far and would reccomend a miaomiao without hesitation

Stroudie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Not to high jack the thread, but anyone know of any news regarding the libre 2 release in UK?
When ordering more Libre sensors I asked the guy when Libre 2 will be available and he said not till next year. Somewhere else I heard that it was only available in Germany and Norway at present.

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the tag @Diakat

Hello @Muneeb Libre 2 in the UK and where between June this year and 2020 seems to be what the rumours are other than don't know ~shrug~

Hello @Carmelo BR yes I use a MiaoMiao there are a few of us that do, yes it will work with the currently available Libre here in the UK. You will need to get hold of a third party piece of software, xDrip or GLIMP on Android, where as on IoS it is Spike and obviously a combatable smart phone.

Here is a link to the website that can give you info on it https://miaomiao.cool/

If you really want one then I think either myself or Mel have a code to get some money off one :)

Not to be cheeky, but could I possibly get a code? Thanks

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
A few points here.
  1. The Libre2 encryption has been understood and cracked by the dev team for LimiTTer. The third parties have agreed licensing and need to update their products. Whether it will be possible to update hardware yourself is anyone's question. But...
  2. A patched version of the Librelink code on Android has been created that allows the data transmitted by Bluetooth to be passed through to other apps (like AndroidAPS or xDrip) so there is no need to use a third party transmitter. This is still in testing but seems to work well.
On the Libre1 with MiaoMiao, a couple of warnings:
  1. When the Libre scanner reads values that are a long way from blood, xDrip/Spike values seem to be considerably worse than when the Libre scanner reads closer to blood levels.
  2. Error codes can be interpreted as very high values, so even with a well calibrated Libre on xDrip/Spike, make sure you test blood when they read high numbers (18+).
  3. Libres are known to be substantially less accurate when looking at number in the higher ranges, so if you are looking to correct a high glucose level, check with a fingerprick.
  4. Calibration is really important to do well.