Miaomiao 2 to be released soon!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Looks like MM have got a new reader coming out soon(?). Also an update for the original MM so it can be used on the 14 day USA sensors and the Libre 2.
Screenshot_20190604-115915_Facebook.jpg

Reactions: sbnz
D

Deleted Account

Thanks for this @porl69
Am I right that the one on the left is MM2 and the one on the right it MM1?
Although, if I put mine there, it would be knocked every 5 minutes. I guess it is easier to photograph than showing it at the back of the arm,

You guys keep tempting me and then giving me reasons to wait a little longer.
Now I want to wait for MM2.

Reactions: porl69

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Thanks for this @porl69
Am I right that the one on the left is MM2 and the one on the right it MM1?
Although, if I put mine there, it would be knocked every 5 minutes. I guess it is easier to photograph than showing it at the back of the arm,

You guys keep tempting me and then giving me reasons to wait a little longer.
Now I want to wait for MM2.
Yeah the one on the right is the first one. MM2 looks like it just squeezes onto the Libre. I wear mine on the inside of my arm and have only knocked off 2 in 2 years, due to taking off clothing!!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
MM2 does look good thou

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
For some reason I can't see the photo here but I looked up the post on their Facebook group - looks good. I'll stick with my Blucon until this is available I think. Better get saving! :)

Bill_St

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think I would rather wait for the trialed and tested Libre 2 with both CE and FDA accreditation rather than trust my health to anonymous hackers piggybacking on just part of the Libre data.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I think I would rather wait for the trialed and tested Libre 2 with both CE and FDA accreditation rather than trust my health to anonymous hackers piggybacking on just part of the Libre data.
I’ve found my hacked piggybacked, blood calibrateable tech far more accurate and reliable than the proprietary stuff.

Reactions: ChrissiStar

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people

I have the Libre and the Miaomiao. Have been using the MM for around 6 months now. The ability to calibrate it to a finger prick makes it very accurate. Before I was moved over to the pump in February I used to bolus off it often, and still do occasionally with the pump. My A1C, in March was the lowest its been in 30 odd years.
I can see my BGs, in figures, every 5 mins on my phone. The Libre 2 is just going to be alarms for when Hi/Lo BGs

sbnz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi porl69, thanks for the news re miaomiao2 (and Libre2) developments. Im in NZ so I guess this will all take a bit longer to come to us. I have a miaomiao (bought about 2 months ago) but had no success getting it to connect with my phone (a Samsung) - felt frustrated and .. so havent even tried it out yet. There are more technically savvy people here that I need to connect with again for some 'coaching'. I have a question - do you know why those with a miaomiao (first version) will not need to purchase a version 2 miaomiao? ...is Libre going to continue supplying Libre (version 1?) ...or is there another reason? thank you for any intell' you have on this. cheers Sandra.

sbnz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Looks like MM have got a new reader coming out soon(?). Also an update for the original MM so it can be used on the 14 day USA sensors and the Libre 2.View attachment 33400
...just thought Id better click a reply to your post - so my question in the above post is seen...? ..so this is my post post post.? o_O

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi porl69, thanks for the news re miaomiao2 (and Libre2) developments. Im in NZ so I guess this will all take a bit longer to come to us. I have a miaomiao (bought about 2 months ago) but had no success getting it to connect with my phone (a Samsung) - felt frustrated and .. so havent even tried it out yet. There are more technically savvy people here that I need to connect with again for some 'coaching'. I have a question - do you know why those with a miaomiao (first version) will not need to purchase a version 2 miaomiao? ...is Libre going to continue supplying Libre (version 1?) ...or is there another reason? thank you for any intell' you have on this. cheers Sandra.

From reading on the MM page on FB, MM are releasing an update for the MM1 (which will need to be downloaded via the Tomato app I pressume) in the next few weeks.....we shall wait and see

Reactions: KerryH

KerryH

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
I want to purchase a MiaoMiao but would like to wait for the MM2 version to be released.
Had there been an update to the release date yet please?
Thank you

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi,
I want to purchase a MiaoMiao but would like to wait for the MM2 version to be released.
Thank you

Not heard anything as yet......as soon as I see anything I will post it :)

Maz_1

Hi,
Thank you
They have confirmed MM2 should be released in August, but no exact date. At least it's soonish!

Dehaze

Lots of MM users here, so I thought I'd ask:
Just ordered a MM to be able to remotely monitor my mom's Libre readings. She has an iPhone and I have an Android.
I understand that Spike is an iOS-only app, and Tomato/Xdrip+ /Glimp are Android-only app. I also read a little bit about Nighscout, which can allegedly utilize an iPhone to upload all MM data to the web, from which I can access is regardless of platform.
What would be the best way to monitor my mom's sugar then? Has anyone done something similar before?

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ordered! Felt like a kid in a toy store ordering my big Christmas present.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Just been released........ :)