MiaoMiao App?

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I’ve “borrowed” my son’s ancient S4 and setup xdrip and glimp on that, so I’ve got a backup as well. Just in case.

Wodewarrior

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Spike facebook forum advises rework now done and its in test prior to relaunch. Thanks a lot Apple for revoking Spike certs.:mad:

heasandford

Spike facebook forum advises rework now done and its in test prior to relaunch. Thanks a lot Apple for revoking Spike certs.:mad:[/QUOTE

I tried this about a week ago and none of it now works on my iphone. Sorry if a bit blunt, but it's so hard after getting used to all that useful information!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
It’s been confirmed by Apple to the Spike dev team that the certificate for Spike was repeatedly revoked following repeated complaints from a single individual. Someone as yet unknown has basically sabotaged it.

Ekstrand

I know this is an old thread, but as it's along the lines of what I am looking into, I'll take a chance. Just had a MiaoMiao shipped, and am looking into how best to go about it. My 10yo son is a T1D (since Dec18), and we are looking into hooking this up and perhaps getting a full nights sleep at some point. Now for my question - My son's phone will be the primary hook for this, so I am thinking Spike as the Master App here - My reasoning is based on the fact that he and my wife use iPhones, whereas I am on a Samsung Galaxy S10 - I can't seem to find a description on whether it will be a problem for me to access his iOS based Spike from and Android Spike - Can it be set to follow him - That I might get alerts if he is too high or low ? Hoping you'll be able to give me an easy answer :) Br Ekstrand (Jesper was taken as a username, so keeping it formal here ;) )

Ekstrand

Hello @Ekstrand

SPIKE is IoS only it will not work on Android, the equivalent on Android is xDrip and as far as I know they are not cross platform compatible.

Saying that there is, I think Nightscout which you can upload Data too, so that might be a way to share the information but I am afraid it is something I do not use so can't give any more advice.

I'll tag @Mel dCP and @Scott-C as they maybe able to shed more light on this.

I use the Android, xDrip system but do not upload or share data as at the moment I have no requirement to.

Thanks for the feedback, Knikki - That was the scenario, I was afraid of - It seems that the MiaoMiao native app is called Tomato and exits on both iOS and Android - Do you have any idea as to whether it's utter c*** (not very good ratings) or if it could actually be a cross platform solution that we might use for our kid ?

Ekstrand

Hi again, Knikki... Just trying to wrap my head around this - it's a pretty new world to me... So just to boil things down. I have:
  1. A 10 year old kid with T1D since Dec '18
  2. Him using the LibreFree device since mid Dec '18, scanning only
  3. A somewhat newly arrived MiaoMiao that has not been taken into use yet
  4. A need for a cross platform App (iOS/Android) that will allow us to be automaticly allerted, should his BG level go beyond a predefined set of parameters, high and low
This is what I am looking for - Would you agree that if I start up a new thread on this basis, it should be concrete enough to remove any doubt as to what I am looking for ?

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, @Ekstrand , as @Knikki suggests, maybe have a look at Nightscout:

http://www.nightscout.info/

I've not actually used it myself as, like knikki, I've no need to share data, but the gist is that Spike on an ios phone will upload to nightscout provided the phone's wifi is on, and can be viewed remotely on the nightscout website on any browser on any phone, not too sure whether it will alert.

It involves a bit of time setting it up but there are guides on the site.

Probably fair to say that Spike has had a few issues lately with Apple withdrawing certificates, but the community is working round that.

Not sure if Tomato has a master/follower feature or whether it would work across different os.

To be honest, it might be easier to just get common phones so the master/follower will work ok.

Not sure if Spike on ios has it, but the android xDrip+ has an (experimental) feature Emergency Messages, which will send a text message with the user's location in it if they don't switch off a hypo or hyper alert - as it is just a text message that would get round the different operating systems but obviously doesn't let you track things as nightscout or master/follower would do.

Good luck - the technology is amazing if you can get the darned stuff to work!

Reactions: Knikki

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Sorry I’m so late to the party, if he has an Apple phone to be used as the master (data collection device), then you need either Spike or Tomato, yes. In order to be able to share that data with your android devices, you need to set up a Nightscout account, which is basically just cloud based storage for your data. You can then follow his levels via the Nightscout app or a browser, complete with alarms. They’re a little more involved to set up than the usual apps you get from the App Store, but if you follow the instructions to the letter, quite doable.

I have an iPhone running Spike, my husband can follow using Nightscout on his - he only gets an alarm if I drop below 2mmol. The plan is if that happens, he’ll ring or text me to make sure I’m ok, and if I don’t answer, he can call for help - we share our locations with each other as I travel all over the country alone. We haven’t needed to use this yet, and only set it up when I got my pump but it’s reassuring to have, as a “just in case”. My son and consultant also have access to my Nightscout data.

Ekstrand

Thank you, all three of you :) Your input is immensely appreciated...

And you were definately not late for the party, Mel - Asynchronous communication at its best ;) From what I can decipher from your text (very tired, new tech territory, second language on top), it seems that a Spike and Nightscout combo might actually do the trick. I will revisit it tomorrow with a clearer head and see if I can't pick the trail - I might pop another question if I hit a wall, and will definitely give you some feedback if and when I get the setup up and running :) Thanks again and good night :)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Thank you, all three of you :) Your input is immensely appreciated...

And you were definately not late for the party, Mel - Asynchronous communication at its best ;) From what I can decipher from your text (very tired, new tech territory, second language on top), it seems that a Spike and Nightscout combo might actually do the trick. I will revisit it tomorrow with a clearer head and see if I can't pick the trail - I might pop another question if I hit a wall, and will definitely give you some feedback if and when I get the setup up and running :) Thanks again and good night :)
With Spike, you need to load it onto the iPhone using a laptop, and renew it once a week. I actually paid for a developer account so I only need to do that once a year - I’m going to be setting up an artificial pancreas Loop over the summer, so needed one for that anyway.

DominicR

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I use xDrip+ for mine. Really easy to set up and I also have it transmitting the readings to my Pebble Time watch. It is amazing. To be able to set alarms for highs and lows is invaluable

I want to use xdrip also once I get my miaomiao2 using alongside libre1.

Can you simply summarise setup eg

Do

Use libre free view app still?

Use xdrip for the data
Bluetooth on phone all time

What about reports to health professionals as currently its automatic

Nightscout? Or diasend?

Finally
How to collaborate a miaomiao.. the internet cant just tell me so I'm still lost, but overwhelmed what to do

Sorry for all my questions maybe you can help??

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Interesting questions. It's the reporting to HCP that have always stopped me. You could always scan with both apps but a bit ott. Looking forward to answers you get.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people

I want to use xdrip also once I get my miaomiao2 using alongside libre1.

Can you simply summarise setup eg

Do

Use libre free view app still?

Use xdrip for the data
Bluetooth on phone all time

What about reports to health professionals as currently its automatic

Nightscout? Or diasend?

Finally
How to collaborate a miaomiao.. the internet cant just tell me so I'm still lost, but overwhelmed what to do

Sorry for all my questions maybe you can help??

Hi, I still use the Libre app just for my DSN BUT she and my consultant really like the MM. If you want to produce reports for your HCPs then you will have to set up a Nightscout account....I have not done one as yet as it seems complicated....BUT I will have to work it out soon.
As for a summary on set up there are a few groups on FaceBook with Xdrip and MiaoMiao. Any problems you have give us a shout and will see if we can help out