type1harley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who say things like "You're Diabetic? Did you eat too much sugar?"
Hello all,
I use 2 Contour XT meters, one for home and one for school, and recently I noticed one of the lancing devices is not working very well. Before I would only need to pull back the thingy before you could press the button and prick yourself, but with this one, I need to do it at least 20 times before anything happens.
Could I get a replacement?

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
You could always get a lancing device and lances from another system like SD Codefree if you can't get spares. It's just a way of getting a sample after all.

borderter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
The maker should replace it ,just call and ask for a new one.In my experience most manufactures are happy to help

Reactions: Pamdee1

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
The Microlet has to be one of the worst lancing devices on the market, ask your DSN for a Accu-Chek meter and use the Multiclix lancing device that comes with the meter, each drum has 6 lancets and is a much better device all round.

Reactions: 4 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The Microlet has to be one of the worst lancing devices on the market, ask your DSN for a Accu-Chek meter and use the Multiclix lancing device that comes with the meter, each drum has 6 lancets and is a much better device all round.

I couldn't agree more. I started off with a Fastclix which ( love (if you can ever love a gadget for stabbing yourself with :eek:) and which I assume is similar to the Multiclix - and carried on using it when I replaced my old meter with a new Contour. THe Fastclix is also simple, convenient, fast and easy to use, and you only have to worry about inserting/disposing of one neat little drum instead of having to fiddle about inserting individual lancets then messing about for ages trying to stick the sharp end into the little plastic disk thingy. My meals used to be cold before I was done with it!

However if you have trouble getting a replacement for your Microlet and really do want one, I have a brand new spare that you are more than welcome to!

Robbity

Nannyjak

I couldn't agree more. I started off with a Fastclix which ( love (if you can ever love a gadget for stabbing yourself with :eek:) and which I assume is similar to the Multiclix - and carried on using it when I replaced my old meter with a new Contour. THe Fastclix is also simple, convenient, fast and easy to use, and you only have to worry about inserting/disposing of one neat little drum instead of having to fiddle about inserting individual lancets then messing about for ages trying to stick the sharp end into the little plastic disk thingy. My meals used to be cold before I was done with it!

However if you have trouble getting a replacement for your Microlet and really do want one, I have a brand new spare that you are more than welcome to!

Robbity
Hi, I don't suppose you still have the Microlet lancer do you, my 7yr old granddaughter hates change and hers has just broken. I would pay for it, cant seem to get them anymore. Many thanks

Lisa69free

I have found that some are useless and even on highest level don't prick hard enough where as some are too harsh. I like my caresense 1. They have got spares on their website and I've found most lancets fit and don't need dedicated ones. I do like the contour next monitor though. It's cool and reminds me of an old MP3 player lol