Microlet Lancets Any Trouble Getting Them?

Hirstygirl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just been to collect my prescription from my local pharmacy. Nothing new there is there lol
Anyway girl behind counter comes back with my prescription and says

We have all your items except the microlet lancets, we can't get them anymore, maybe you can ask the dr to give you something else?

Me slightly surprised, is there a reason you can't get them? Only I'm transferring onto the Medtronic insulin pump next month and know the tester uses these?

Let me go and ask she says

Another assistant says we can't get the boxes of 100, we have ordered boxes of 200.

Me, well I've been prescribed 2 boxes of 100

Assistant checks, looks at pharmacist mumbles something about this should have been ordered. If you come back after 11am tomorrow we should hopefully have some in!

Me guess ill be back tomorrow then

Anyone else had these issues recently?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
So they are going to give you the 200 lancets in the end..................in a roundabout way :D

What a palava.

Reactions: 2 people

Hirstygirl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know surely you don't need to be a brain surgeon to work out that 2x100 lancets is 200?? Good job I had my brain working though, if I'd just taken her word for it I'd be screwed!!

Was wondering though, if there is maybe a cheaper alternative they were trying to push instead? Either way I'm not changing my prescription ha ha

Reactions: 2 people

rockape37

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Over the top political correctness
If anyone is going to push a cheaper alternative it will be your GP. My diabetes nurse put me on a Care sense meter because the test strips were cheaper, i hadn't been using it very long and my dietian recommended an Accu-Chek Aviva Expert as it calculates your carbs, i got that meter along with a few other people at the diabetic centre where we were shown how to set it up and use it.

Another time i asked my GP for some Ketone test strips and his response was "they cost over £20 for a pack of 25" he prescribed them but didnt put them on my repeat prescription. Thats been sorted now though.
Glad i didn't have to ask for my pump consumables though lol.

Regards

Martin