Migraine

Isaacd

I have recently started to get really bad migraines these are triggered when i have not eaten I don’t need to be hungry
Or this can b triggered when my suger levels start to fall i mean i cud have a bg reading of 10.0 but I would still feel uncomfortable can anyone give me any advice on this

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have recently started to get really bad migraines these are triggered when i have not eaten I don’t need to be hungry
Or this can b triggered when my suger levels start to fall i mean i cud have a bg reading of 10.0 but I would still feel uncomfortable can anyone give me any advice on this
Hello, @Isaacd and welcome.
Can you give a bit more detail? Such as medication, diabetes type.

Isaacd

I have been getting really bad migraines daily
Upon close inspection they come at anytime
Normally if ive missed a meal or my sugar levels are high or low
Im type 1 diabetic on nova rapid insulin and lantus

mouseee

I'm T2 so can't comment on migraines and T1.
However, i was suffering with huge headaches/migraines that I was treating with my migraine pain tablets as for ages I thought that what they were. This was over the past year or so and my head hurt so much I had no choice but to lie in a darkened room. My bg were much higher than they are now.
Since I've been reducing my carbs and therefore bg I have suddenly noticed they have gone! I now suspect they were all to do with bg going swiftly up or down too quickly.
Have you seen what your bg is doing when you get them?

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
One of our members Goonergal (now sadly passed) suffered migraines. She followed, and pointed me to the work of an American called Angela Stanton who I suggest you read. A carnivore diet helped goonergal immensely, I find low carb and extra salt helps me. It will be interesting to see which of Dr Stantons strategies help you

• Informative
Reactions: Outlier