Type 1 Milk Intolerance and insulin resistance

Mel©

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi...Im just posting here to see if anyone can share a similar experience or shed any light on this subject.

I've been diabetic for 10 years now and would usually struggle with blood sugar control.

A few years ago I got self tested for food intolerances (blood sample) as I would have constipation and bloating and I was just interested to see if I would test positive for anything.The test came back that I had a strong intolerance to dairy so I did eliminate it from my diet for a few months and symptoms definately got better..I couldn't stay off the dairy completely though and weaned myself back on...symptoms slowly returned.

Now I'm 11weeks pregnant and after having struggled from weeks 7-10 with insulin resistance (I really had to hike my basal and bolus amounts up to ridiculous levels)..and with being quite bloated and sore I thought I'd try giving up the dairy again. Blood sugars are now constantly dropping to levels in the 2's!

I know pregnancy itself wreaks havoc with blood sugar control but usually blood sugar levels drop in the early trimester and insulin resistance goes up as the pregnancy continues...

Would love to know if dairy does cause insulin resistance then I would feel more confident eliminating it from my diet especially whilst pregnant (i am currently taking supplements for calcium and vit d)..