Minestrone soup and cannelloni beans

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
I’m aiming to make minestrone soup but recipe (I’m using Covent garden soup company book) says cannelloni beans. On tin online it says 14g per 100 g and recipe says 1 410 Tin
Would you say this was a lot of carbs?

im not including the sugar (I’ll use some sweetener if needed) and I’m missing out the pasta.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Google keto minestrone soup, there are loads, read through the ingredients for ideas.

Reactions: Energize

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Sob.

thays what i was thinking. The recipe is just carbs as it’s onion, cabbage Leeks beans etc.

I made a nice soup last week but when you first open it it stinks which is really putting me off. If I get past that it’s tasty but I can’t get past it this week.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m aiming to make minestrone soup but recipe (I’m using Covent garden soup company book) says cannelloni beans. On tin online it says 14g per 100 g and recipe says 1 410 Tin
Would you say this was a lot of carbs?

im not including the sugar (I’ll use some sweetener if needed) and I’m missing out the pasta.
If you are counting carbs in tinned foods you need to note if the figures are for drained weight. A 400g tin of beans will usually have 240g drained weight, so if 14g carbs per 100g then 33.6g for the whole tin. A third of the soup would be OK for me but I have about 75g of carbs a day.

Reactions: woollygal

aealexandrou

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Exercise
I think there should be a distinction between carbs in wholefoods and those in processed foods. Many people find that carbs in whole foods, which come with fibre, vitamins and essential minerals have little impact on insulin production. If you have a BS monitor it is worth trying each food and seeing how your body reacts. With processed foods, particularly wheat based products, one can expect a high impact on insulin production.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think there should be a distinction between carbs in wholefoods and those in processed foods. Many people find that carbs in whole foods, which come with fibre, vitamins and essential minerals have little impact on insulin production. If you have a BS monitor it is worth trying each food and seeing how your body reacts. With processed foods, particularly wheat based products, one can expect a high impact on insulin production.
How do you know how much Insulin you are producing?

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Surely carbs are carbs no matter where they come from?
The body can’t see the label so surely it’s just reacting to what you eat