Mirtazipine affecting post meal sugars

Maximummick

I recently had my dose of mirtazipine for anxiety raised from 30 to 45mg. Following this I notice my post meal blood sugar going up. After a modest slice of toast with humus which usually gives my 7.5 after 2 hours it was 9-9.5! My fasting levels are still good at 5.7. Does anyone have experience of issues with this medication?

Ellenor2000

No, but I've heard SSRIs and antipsychotics can, by the same mechanism (depressing dopamine, so impairing glucose tolerance) cause and accentuate type 2 diabetes.

borderter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
I recently had my dose of mirtazipine for anxiety raised from 30 to 45mg. Following this I notice my post meal blood sugar going up. After a modest slice of toast with humus which usually gives my 7.5 after 2 hours it was 9-9.5! My fasting levels are still good at 5.7. Does anyone have experience of issues with this medication?
I took it for severe anxiety a couple of years back and slept like a baby which was nice what wasnt so nice were the raging bgs and different gp at practice removed it from scripts as awful for sugar levels

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I used to take 45mg a day. I loved this med as it helped me sleep better. I was taken off it because I put on huge amount of 2eight.
I stopped this before I became diabetic so no idea if it had affect my levels