Miscarriage & Diabetes

eeb123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

I had a missed miscarriage in October, which was put down to being “one of those things”. I had to have a small op and after the bleeding stopped my husband and I decided we would start ttc again.

So far, to no avail, but these things take time.

I guess I am reaching out to see if anyone has any similar stories or to see how people felt. Even thought the mmc wasn’t due to my diabetes I can’t help but feel so much hate towards my diabetes and pretty much fed up with it completely.

I know there is always the chance of a cure but right now I just feel daunted that this presently the rest of my life and it doesn’t really get easier - 14 years in, I know how to look after myself, but I suppose I’m just fed I with it...

X

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hey eeb123, my sincerest thoughts and prayers go out to you, as have experienced two babies lost myself (my first turned into cancer and the second one was a missed miscarriage)....on top of being T1, I can't imagine all that you are going through, as I wasn't diagnosed as t2 at the time of my misses.....but the extreme emotional rollercoaster, hormonal imbalance and shock to your system, the grieving....it does take time for sure....no one can say they understand if they haven't lost a baby as it is not only the death of the child, but dreams and hopes....I really don't know what else to say except that you have every right to feel as you do and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. Life does go on, which right now may seem so bizarre.....but it sounds like you have a great Hubby who loves you and is traveling this path with you. Keep posting how you are getting on - it is safe to rant and rave here on this Forum...Hugs/Blessings/Prayers/L

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
if you well controlled and have decent care i dont see why it would be an added risk. im sorry for your loss give yourself time to morn and when your ready enjoy yourselves. and make hubby soil you.

Tilly_S

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Firstly I’m really sorry to hear about the miscarriage sending my hugs to you x
I was in a similar boat I had my first miscarriage 8 years ago and have had two official ones since and several chemicals I think they’re called .... all of them have been painful to deal with... but I do have two beautiful children at the end of it all ... a 7 year old and 9 month old x :) there is a rainbow at the end somewhere I promise you x
Iv been type one for 17 years now and my control when I was younger was awful so I put it down to that but you just don’t know the docs always say just having diabetes well controlled or not puts u at higher risks .... it’s such a stressful time but you have got to remember it’s possible and there’s a sunshine to the storm :) nothing I say will make it feel easier I remember the feelings going through a miscarriage ... stay positive and look after yourself the best you can x easier to say but try not to concentrate or obsess over ttc that’s when I was pregnant successfully both tunes
Best of luck to you both xxxx

Reactions: eeb123

livi2006

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there I’m sorry for what u experienced an my sympathy is with u an your partner, I can totally relate to u. I myself am t2 on insulin an I was 1 year controlled ttc an noting was happening I went an seen a consultant an was told I had to loose weight to be givin clomid I literally left the app an the next week I was pregnant after trying for 13 months I unfortunately started to bleed at 7 weeks one Sunday morning in March 2017 an was distraught with 2 days spent visiting the hospital I finally was told I was loosing the baby they give me 1 week to pass it myself or I would have to get a D&C.. that was the worst time of my life I found it very hard dealing with the loss as we had been trying for so long.. lucky I didn’t need surgery but it was very traumatic an I wish I didn’t see as much as what I did all they could tell me was it may have been a genetic thing an noting I done could have prevented it . We continued on our everyday lives an I went an had some counselling which I found very helpful, it took me time & tears but 5 months later I conceived very nervous I was wakening everyday checking I wasn’t bleeding an luckly are wee baby has stool well I’m currently 32 weeks an due in April. My advise is please don’t give up. Many a nite I cried myself to sleep fraustred” why me” or will this ever happen.: I didn’t realise that 1 in 4 pregnancy end in Mc but let your body heal if your feeling down go talk to someone your mind needs to be in the right place for your little life.. I class this as my 2nd pregnancy as I think it important not to forget u had a we life before.. hope this helps an I wish u all the best XX

Reactions: eeb123