1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Miso

Discussion in 'Vegetarian Diet Forum' started by Jaisiddh, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Jaisiddh

Jaisiddh Prediabetes · Member

Is miso safe or does it have (high) GI? Thank you.

2. Enclave

Enclave Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

Hi @Jaisiddh,
    I am sorry I have no idea on the GI as I count carbs ... Let's hope someone who knows comes along soon :)

3. Kat100

Kat100 · Guest

I would use a bit if I was making a soup .. I use bits of odd pastes for flavours ..
    You can google all GI foods .. I do sometimes just to remind myself of the list .. I guess you know this ..
    But my diet is a bit of all diet approaches ...

Let us know what you mske with miso ....

4. Jaisiddh

Jaisiddh Prediabetes · Member

Thank you! I add miso to soup, usually. I don't use it a lot -- used to spread it on bread with tahini, but I guess that's out.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook