Type 2 Missed meals

Jmennaid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was diagnosed type 2 end of July and am managing my condition by diet only. I test my blood once a today and various times. Due to being on a course this morning and then appointments this afternoon I have missed a couple of meals/snacks. I tested my blood before eating once I got home and my reading was 13.5. This is the highest it has been since I have been testing. Is it possible that my liver has been working overtime due to me not eating?

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I was diagnosed type 2 end of July and am managing my condition by diet only. I test my blood once a today and various times. Due to being on a course this morning and then appointments this afternoon I have missed a couple of meals/snacks. I tested my blood before eating once I got home and my reading was 13.5. This is the highest it has been since I have been testing. Is it possible that my liver has been working overtime due to me not eating?
Activity can raise. So can rushing around. Did you wash your hands and test again?

steveis36

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I know the feeling
I have cut back out sugar and cut right down on carbs
I have found i could starv myself for 16hours and still have be around 10-13.
I have even gone for a walk/jog for a 1.5 hours and still be 12
Now i have learnt about HIIT and watching what i eat i can get my sugars into 6-8s and im looseing weight.
I found cycling was really good
However gardening was the best as i could do some digging for about 15min and get a serious sweat on and my blood sugars would drop.
The same with cycleing, i would cycle for about 20-30 min and my sugars would drop.
When i test my blood i make sure i wash my hands and use a clean towel.
I never use any form of baby wipe or anything with alcohol in.
I also sit and relax as your heart rate can also play readings up.

Hope this helps lol

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
For ME, I need to eat something first thing in the morning or I continue to rise all day. Something good and fatty. Coffee with cream, broth with ghee, hard boiled egg with mayo. A few nuts or a piece of cheese. This shuts the liver down.

Even during the day a piece of celery or mushroom dipped in a mayo sauce lowered me. I needed just enough to elicit an insulin response. So no carbs for me especially in the morning but that’s not saying it won’t work for you.

I also always found a slow to moderate 15-20 min after meals brought me right down. Anything strenuous that raises cortisol or adrenaline sent me right up.