1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Missing the spike?

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by ZoeinKent, Oct 20, 2021.

1. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Abbott do a 2 week free trial of your first one.
    Then I have 2 a year , one for Christmas and one for birthday (to replace all the food and drink presents I can no longer have!) Then I use them at appropriate points in the year, on holiday is ideal where we eat out much more, and then I have a tasting 2 weeks where I eat some carbs and other new foods to see effects.
    You don't to swap over totally, they are just a tool for occasional use (for t2s of course, much more necessary for the T1s)

• Like Like x 3
  2. ZoeinKent

ZoeinKent · Active Member

Ah thanks! I'll check that out (though I have an inkling it's for those who already have a T2 diagnosis). I have actually thought of asking for one for Christmas/birthday - that or a c-peptide test (@lucylocket61 ), haha. We sure know how to live ;)

(Edited as I tagged the wrong person, sorry!)

3. Lakeslover

Lakeslover · Well-Known Member

Just tell them you are diabetic. They don’t check.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook