Mobile compatibility

Hello,
I have an ypso pump, the mylife app is not compatible with my current mobile. I have an old galaxy I use for this. I am soon going to get a libre safestyle 2 and would like a compatible Android mobile that supports both. I'm with Vodafone pay monthly, I am eligible for an up grade, I don't want anything too expensive and I'm not hugely tech savvy. When I've googled it I found it very confusing so thought I'd get real advice. Thank you

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,
I have an ypso pump, the mylife app is not compatible with my current mobile. I have an old galaxy I use for this. I am soon going to get a libre safestyle 2 and would like a compatible Android mobile that supports both. I'm with Vodafone pay monthly, I am eligible for an up grade, I don't want anything too expensive and I'm not hugely tech savvy. When I've googled it I found it very confusing so thought I'd get real advice. Thank you
Hi,

I use freestyle Libre 2 on a cheap reconditioned Samsung Galaxy Note 10+. On PAYG with voda..Which is on the compatibility list here. https://www.mylife-diabetescare.com.../mylife-digital/mylife-app-compatibility.html
It works well with the L2.

I don’t pump. But what I do know.

You might need to ask your team which Libre will be supplied? With your pump? Along with there experience of phones used successfully by other patience?

My colleague’s 3/4 year old son recently got a Ypsomed pump & put on a “closed loop” set up with the libre 3.
He had to get a new (an Apple user.) Android phone for it.

DJRobinson

I have a Moto G22 (Motorola) Android which as phones go is not very expensive around £100. It works fine with the LibreLink app but the MyLife app used to calculate Bolus Insulin is very buggy. I rather think its the MyLife app rather than the phone though. In conclusion I dont think a very expensive phone is required because these apps dont use much in the way of phone resources.

• Agree
Reactions: Jaylee

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
on FRE STYLE LIBRE ON 1 2 AND 3 ALL HAVE A LITTLE HANDET YOU DO NOT NEED A PHONE
YOU CAN GET YOUR RESULT ON A SCREEN ABOUT 25 CM BY 30 CM WILL STORE ALL RESULTS GIVE YOU DAILY AVERAGES 7 DAYS 14 DAY S AND SO Brillant bit of kit
vic have bought them be forf they came on NHS SUPPER BIT OF KIT BUT DO LAG ON FINGER PRICKING TEST ALSO BITBEHIND IF BLOODS GO HIGH 16/20/23 PLUS
VIC TRAINING FOR 64 YEARS 1957 INSULIN USED