Moderate Low Carb

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
Hi does anyone have around 50g-100g of carbs? I don't really want to do keto as my sugar levels are really high and i feel this may be too restrictive for me- got to be honest!! ‍♀️ i have an eating disorder too so i need to be realistic... thankyou in advance

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't exactly count my carbs, but I think I usually eat between 50 and 100 grams a day. Works fine for me.

Reactions: lcarter

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
My current average is a little higher at around 120g per day. I rarely go above 40g per meal now and I find it helps to reduce both the frequency and magnitude of swings in glucose levels.

M

Moggely

My carb intake would probably be about 30 a day. I use to be under 20 and sometimes still are. I don't count anymore as i'm pretty sure about how many carbs i have per-day. Im T2 so i cannot speak for T1's on this subject but good luck. As for the eating disorder i can't advise anything about that, but others may.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I was at about 130g a day, but seem to be averaging around 80-100 lately.

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
Thanks guys.

What sort of carbs do you have out of interest? I dont want to go into ketosis due to levels but im unsure what carbs to eat? Thanks

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I avoid rice and pasta, peas, carrots.
I eat bread as I find that ok to carb count for. Porridge oats as well.
It's probably one of those individual things - finding what works for you and is sustainable.

limmi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I eat around 100g carb a day, i do 20g each main meal and 3 snacks less than 10g each + 10g for coffee. I inject 1-2 unit novorapid for main meals and none for snacks n coffee as my basal lantus takes care of it. I avoid all cereals, most fruit and eat minimal amounts of starchy veg eg potatoes , sweet potatoes. So far this routine seems sustainable. I tried doing super low carb but it didnt work out. I love my carrots too much :p i hope you find a carb/insulin balance that works for you too :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Hesitatedlobster_