Monitor readings not trusted........

LINMARIE

Hi all well In January i bought an ACU safe minitor and strips and now feel I cant rely on any past or current readings as I did a bit of experiment over a week and was alarmed to see readings on different fingers at same time 2 hrs after main meal were up to .10 difference!? E.g if was 7.5 one finger 8.5 next finger sane hand etc Anybody else use this machine? Any similar probs? Should I bin it? Did buy in a rush on Amazon

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Reading vary from each finger and meters are only accurate to 15%.
1.0 is less than 15% of 7.5 so I would suggest there is nothing wrong with your meter.

Reactions: LINMARIE

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Sounds about normal.. different fingers and hand will give fdufferent results.. they are not lab grade equipment so you'll never get 100% accurate readings.. even lab equipment has tolerance values

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @LINMARIE ,

As people have said there will be differences in all machines. In the end for me the real value was the readings over time- I wanted to see a downward trend. They are also useful when having a new meal.

It does feel a bit frustrating to have a difference when you measure like that but keep testing and hopefully you will see a downward trend and some information of the amount of carbs your body can tolerate.

Good luck

Reactions: LINMARIE