mood swings

hollyslot

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
depending on my blood sugar, i get really awful mood swings.
does anyone else? i feel really guilty for those around me.

Reactions: 2 people

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use to. I have to admit though a lot was I. My head. I.e I know when I go low I swear a lot in my head and use to scratch myself a lot. I explained to people around me what was happening and what I needed and that seem to settle things. When high I can get more snappy or very quiet. I found writing down how I could respond giving that to people around me help them understand and let me get On with it as long as I wasn't hurting any of course which I never did

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Lol depending of the time of the month me too !!

I used to be really bad but that was before I got better BG control, eating low carb has reduced my mood swings tremendously, stopped me swinging high and low and better moods - they tend to be related to BG control so the tighter your control the better your moods are as told to me by my doc ;)

Reactions: 5 people

hollyslot

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lol depending of the time of the month me too !!

I used to be really bad but that was before I got better BG control, eating low carb has reduced my mood swings tremendously, stopped me swinging high and low and better moods - they tend to be related to BG control so the tighter your control the better your moods are as told to me by my doc ;)
Yeah it is bad when my bg levels are very up and down! I'm thinking I should probably try going low carb!

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Yeah low carb will definately help you then, it will also help you feel fuller for longer so those sugar cravings will start to disappear too. Takes some time to adjust but you will feel alot better once your BG is more stable ;)

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Getting the bgs level will help loads. I am finding the better it becomes the more skip I have