More fat in injection site...anyone else?

kellibabi

Hello,

I mainly inject in my stomach (not always convenient to inject in thighs at work as I don't want to end up injecting in the toilets).
I DO vary the place on my stomach, but I've noticed that over the past few months, my stomach seems more "flabby".
No lumps or bumps from injecting.

I HAVE gained weight (approx. 8 pounds) but it ALL seems to be in this area as opposed to all over (no change in my face, arms, legs etc).

Has anyone else noticed if the site they inject in is more prone to storing fat?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Can't say I've noticed but have experienced lipo issues from injecting.

Maybe try alternative sites to give your stomach a rest, you can use your legs, arms & bum too although the absorption rate can vary using these sites, here's some info with a diagram which explains where to inject:

http://www.bd.com/us/diabetes/page.aspx?cat=7001&id=7261

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I inject in my stomach and always have done. I do the same as you and alternate where I inject. I haven't tried any other alternatives. I don't want to do my thighs because I have a lot of pain in my left leg already with nerve damage from having shingles in it... my GP claims I have postherpetic neuralgia and it plays up mostly at night. Funnily enough the other people I've met online with it say the same. I just don't want to use my limbs period as already have weaker muscles from the drugs I take. So in answer to your question, yes I do notice I have a lot more fat where I inject. But then also I have bloating issues with my stomach and a lot of pain in my stomach. You know when you get the docs checking your abdomen for signs of pain... they can never figure out the problem too well with me as my entire stomach is always hurting and they can tell me that too from touching (don't ask me how... but I never say a word unless asked and they tell me I'm in pain). Oops sorry that is probably a long winded reply. lol. Time for my meds. I wish you the best. :)