Morning Blood Sugar High

pau1200

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,

Sorry for creating another thread as this probably has been asked before but it’s concerning me.

Yesterday I managed to keep my blood sugar lower than I had since starting monitoring and went to be bed with a blood sugar of 9, which isn’t great but it’s a step forward for me. This morning I woke at 8am after a good sleep(didn’t get up in the night which was brilliant) but my sugar reading was 12.9, I’ve left it a few more hours and just checking and it’s still high at 11.8 and I have not eaten.

Why is it still high and what can I do to bring it down, if I eat anything now it will just send it higher and I don’t want that.

Reactions: germansheppard234

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Look up dawn phenomenon. Don't worry about morning readings, concentrate on eating the right foods for you. DP will come down eventually.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
It is early days yet. Concentrate on those blood glucose levels that you can influence, your pre and post meal levels. At this stage your liver will still still be splurging glucose all over the shop so I would advise you to record your fasting readings and be patient as these are often the the trickiest and last to improve but they will improve.

So, if you havn't eaten yet then do so, have a lovely low carb breakfast. Just remember that it takes time for the liver to learn that you are actually not too low in blood glucose.