morning Blood sugar

James2

hi
i have had type 2 since june 2016 my numbers are coming down but are still high normally 6. to 6.8 in the morning and anything from 8 to 10 after a meal .i have found intermittent fasting helps so i eat from 12 till 8 pm .
my question is my blood sugars were 8.2 2 hours after tea and i had nothing to eat after that apart a few cups of tea this morning it is 9.2?
i am on metaformin 1 tablet twice a day
regards
James 2

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi James2,this is known as the dawn phenomenon,where by our liver give out glucose ready for action,it took me best part of 6 months to get mine to 5.5 mmols from 26.8 mmols...but lchf and eating small but regular portions seems to work...my advice would be eat four small meals a day,clive

James2

Hi James2,this is known as the dawn phenomenon,where by our liver give out glucose ready for action,it took me best part of 6 months to get mine to 5.5 mmols from 26.8 mmols...but lchf and eating small but regular portions seems to work...my advice would be eat four small meals a day,clive