Morning urine test

Yindi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have to give a urine sample in morning, but have to pee during the night, is that the first sample of wait to get up? Sorry to seem stupid over this simple request

Reactions: MissMuffett

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have to give a urine sample in morning, but have to pee during the night, is that the first sample of wait to get up? Sorry to seem stupid over this simple request
I always have to pee during the night, I do the first one from the morning when I get up, been doing that for years and there has never been a problem - oh and don’t feel you’re stupid it’s a perfectly feasible question :)

• Agree

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Perfectly reasonable question. I had to ask about this as well, as I'm up several times a night, and was told as long as it's before you hydrate it'll be fine.

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When The nurse gave me a little bottle to take away for a sample I said “Do you want the sample from the 2am, 4:30am or 7am wee!?“ She said which ever is convenient :D

andrewk75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For some reason I thought the sample had to be reasonably 'fresh' unless you stored it in the fridge before dropping it off. I remember being in the Drs Surgery when someone dropped one off at about 11:30 that they had 'produced' at 07:00 and was asked if they could provide another one.

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
The only stupid question is the one you don’t ask , im a regular at the renal clinic so they really do take the #### lol , as others I’ve always given my sample when I get up even though it’s never my first of that day