Mother's day

deb1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorant, homophobic, racist people
My eldest daughter did mother's day for all the family today. She made a huge curry and rice and my younger daughter cooked a delicious leg of lamb. I made a blueberry yoghurt cake and a lemon cheesecake which my grandson helped decorate with raspberries and blackberries. My sister provided macarrons. I had some lamb but couldn't manage anything else except the macarons and a sliver of cheesecake.
In 2007 I had a gastric band fitted which was never very successful and only lost weight because I vomited every time I ate. Periodically the band will cause vomiting and pain when I eat. I wanted to be able to eat with the family today so I had one slice of low carb bread for breakfast which promptly made a return visit. It makes life miserable sometimes and I regret ever having the surgery.
Apart from that we had a lovely family day together ( I left the cake and cheesecake at my daughters house so that I wouldn't be tempted ) oddly this is the first time that I have "cheated" whilst I've been doing the lchf.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I'm glad to hear you had a great day apart from the food issues. Can nothing be done to aleviate your distress when eating?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
My eldest daughter did mother's day for all the family today. She made a huge curry and rice and my younger daughter cooked a delicious leg of lamb. I made a blueberry yoghurt cake and a lemon cheesecake which my grandson helped decorate with raspberries and blackberries. My sister provided macarrons. I had some lamb but couldn't manage anything else except the macarons and a sliver of cheesecake.
In 2007 I had a gastric band fitted which was never very successful and only lost weight because I vomited every time I ate. Periodically the band will cause vomiting and pain when I eat. I wanted to be able to eat with the family today so I had one slice of low carb bread for breakfast which promptly made a return visit. It makes life miserable sometimes and I regret ever having the surgery.
Apart from that we had a lovely family day together ( I left the cake and cheesecake at my daughters house so that I wouldn't be tempted ) oddly this is the first time that I have "cheated" whilst I've been doing the lchf.
I'm sorry your private gastric band op is still causing you problems.
I know 2 ladies in my WLS programme were still hugely overweight and the surgeon wanted to remove their bands and give them the gastric stomach and intestine bypass as the band statistically was not very successful.
I guess they class your weight loss and restriction as a success.

You should not consider bypass hun if you are finding food restriction a problem with a band. Band can be reversed but bypass cannot.

You definitely need your band out if it's causing you so much distress but like you said before because done privately they won't correct it under the nhs.

Do you want no band and lchf diet instead?

I will soon be in your position and for me lchf couldn't get rid of all my excess weight as insulin is needed to stop me going dka.
So no dka and weight loss then my own attempt at low carb is the answer for my severe insulin resistance. I will have a big job maintaining my weight loss afterwards too. My op won't change much, just reduce my insulin need.
I'm not like you so I cannot advise you on what your next step is.

I know thou you are very unhappy with your restricted eating from your band op. :(
I bet your not alone there.
I may get restrictions I struggle with, which are permanent but my alternative is bedbound and worse health.
I'm determined to stay active.
Luckily GP has referred my not being able to walk without agony to investigatory dept now, at last.
I want to skip down my road after all these nhs appointments, scans and meds.
I'm further way from than that, than anyone can be. I might need a wheelchair if nothing changes soon.

What I'm trying to say is many would swop you in a flash but if you're so unhappy those words don't help!
I think you need to self refer for some mental health support. This situation your in is causing you great mental anguish.
Please self refer in your area for talk therapy or similar.
Will you, please?

deb1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorant, homophobic, racist people
Because my gastric band op was done privately the NHS won't do anything to help and I'm not in a position to pay for another private surgery. My friend paid for a gastric sleeve op in Prague and although she lost weight initially she has regained it all. I will talk to my gp about the problems with my band and see if there's anything else that can be done . I was with a different surgery when I enquired about it last time.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Because my gastric band op was done privately the NHS won't do anything to help and I'm not in a position to pay for another private surgery. My friend paid for a gastric sleeve op in Prague and although she lost weight initially she has regained it all. I will talk to my gp about the problems with my band and see if there's anything else that can be done . I was with a different surgery when I enquired about it last time.
I bet you feel like setting up a fundraiser to get money together?