Mounjaro UK

cott97

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Has anyone been prescribed this for T2 diabetes in UK? If so did anyone swap from ozempic?
If not does anyone know if it is definitely available for T2 in UK as I can't get hold of ozempic and really don't want to go back on insulin. Victoza etc didn't work for me.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Has anyone been prescribed this for T2 diabetes in UK? If so did anyone swap from ozempic?
If not does anyone know if it is definitely available for T2 in UK as I can't get hold of ozempic and really don't want to go back on insulin. Victoza etc didn't work for me.
Mounjaro (otherwise known as Saxenda) is not currently licenced for use in the UK The nearest equivalent is Wegovy, which is the obesity drug dose of Ozempic. Wegovy will soon be available from WeightWatchers, since they have purchased the right to sell this drug. Like Ozempic, stock availablity is a rare happening in the UK. Weight watchers has also bought an online pharmacy website which should be able to triage and precribe Wegovy soon.

The multibullion pound deal with Eli Lilly should help WW to provide a stable source of Wegovy, but will not help Ozempic users. Note that Wegovy dose is much higher than the theraputic dose of the same drug (i.e. Ozempic) You will need to sign up for 2 year subscription to Weight Watchers to benefit from that source, and costs are projected to be around £1,000 per month.