Type 2 Mounjaro

Gingerchap

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning people x

So my diabetic nurse has suggested I start Mounjaro. I’m type two on pills and insulin. She sent me the usual booklet with stats and stuff in but I’ve never heard of it. I’m just wondering if anyone has been on it and what people think of it. I’m a little unsure of what it is other than a weight loss thing. I’ve googled it and watched a few YouTube videos.

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
Don't take it myself Gingerchap but as I understand it, it increases 1st and 2nd phase insulin secretion, reduces glucagon and improves insulin sensitivity. It also slows the food passing through your stomach so you feel fuller for longer and apparently tickles some receptors in your brain to lessen your appetite. Sounds like a bit of a wonder drug to me but It probably comes with it's own list of possible side effects, don't they all.
I'm sure someone with first hand experience of it will be along sooner or later.

Reactions: Gingerchap

T.Persic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Don't take it myself Gingerchap but as I understand it, it increases 1st and 2nd phase insulin secretion, reduces glucagon and improves insulin sensitivity. It also slows the food passing through your stomach so you feel fuller for longer and apparently tickles some receptors in your brain to lessen your appetite. Sounds like a bit of a wonder drug to me but It probably comes with it's own list of possible side effects, don't they all.
I'm sure someone with first hand experience of it will be along sooner or later.

Morning people x

So my diabetic nurse has suggested I start Mounjaro. I’m type two on pills and insulin. She sent me the usual booklet with stats and stuff in but I’ve never heard of it. I’m just wondering if anyone has been on it and what people think of it. I’m a little unsure of what it is other than a weight loss thing. I’ve googled it and watched a few YouTube videos.
Hi! Did you ever start mounjaro?

I just started Mounjaro 2 weeks ago today. I was nervous because I tried ozempic 2 years ago and didn't like it at all. I lasted 3 months. My Endo has been encouraging me to try the mounjaro because I'm working very hard to get off insulin. For over a year, I've been doing keto (not strictly but basically removing as many carbs as I reasonably can every day) but haven't been able to lose weight. I have significantly dropped my insulin, though!

Anyway, so far I'm struggling with mounjaro but hoping for improvements. What my doctor didn't prepare me for was the dizziness (I'm not vomiting and am drinking lots so I'm not dehydrated) or the serious body aches! Every night, I feel like I've been hit by a bus. Just last night when I was trying to figure out why, I found some conversations on Reddit. Other users are reporting the exact same side effects but are also saying they don't last very long. I'm not ready to give up because I am seeing benefits and I'm hopeful.

I'd love to hear if you started Mounjaro and how you are tolerating it!

Reactions: Gingerchap

Gingerchap

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi! Did you ever start mounjaro?

I just started Mounjaro 2 weeks ago today. I was nervous because I tried ozempic 2 years ago and didn't like it at all. I lasted 3 months. My Endo has been encouraging me to try the mounjaro because I'm working very hard to get off insulin. For over a year, I've been doing keto (not strictly but basically removing as many carbs as I reasonably can every day) but haven't been able to lose weight. I have significantly dropped my insulin, though!

Anyway, so far I'm struggling with mounjaro but hoping for improvements. What my doctor didn't prepare me for was the dizziness (I'm not vomiting and am drinking lots so I'm not dehydrated) or the serious body aches! Every night, I feel like I've been hit by a bus. Just last night when I was trying to figure out why, I found some conversations on Reddit. Other users are reporting the exact same side effects but are also saying they don't last very long. I'm not ready to give up because I am seeing benefits and I'm hopeful.

I'd love to hear if you started Mounjaro and how you are tolerating it!

I have an appointment to sort out dosage and use on the 9th July and presumably I’ll start soon after.

Reactions: T.Persic