Moving out of London

sabbou

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello! I'm T1 and I'm on Libre2 and Omnipod Dash pump, both on prescription. I currently live in London but planning to move to Kent (Canterbury) in the near future. I understand I would have to change my GP and hospital but what would happen with my prescription? Does the criteria work differently in Kent and what hospital would I be under?

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, I moved from West Midlands to London; and I had to change GPs and be referred to a different hospital. My new hospital team continued my pump care. You can search which hospitals are available in your new area, and ask your new GP to refer you there. As for your prescription - your GP can continue prescribing your insulin, test strips etc. but from my understanding your consultant from your new hospital would have to continue your pump stuff.

mark5745

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You could still go to the same hospital for appointments I live in south east Kent and I’m seen at KINGS for diabetic clinic and diabetic foot clinic with hospital you can choose where you want to be seen