Mrs elswood cucumbers

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I love theses things ( mmmmm pickles) but gave them up because they seemed to have a far few carbs and I have problems just eating one.
But I have seen some pickled with sweetener instead of sugar. The carbs seem less but it doesnt say if the carb value is drained weight or not.
Do any of you eat these? Many thanks.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Could you make some with sweetener instead of sugar? Looks fairly easy.. just a thought..
M x

Reactions: Kentoldlady1

maria030660

Dislikes
backstabbers, brocoli and dirt toilets...uggghhhh
I love them as well and i eat them. Not by the bucket loads but i love them with a cube of cheese as a snack. And every day i don't exceed 50 grams of carb. And eating them hasn't affected my blood sugar so far. I must mention tho' i am a type 1 but well controlled.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I love theses things ( mmmmm pickles) but gave them up because they seemed to have a far few carbs and I have problems just eating one.
But I have seen some pickled with sweetener instead of sugar. The carbs seem less but it doesnt say if the carb value is drained weight or not.
Do any of you eat these? Many thanks.
Well if they say sweetener then they should be ok To be honest looking at the carb content for pickles is not something I do I love piccalilli and have some if I have cheese on Ryvita not the same without it. I to like the pickled cucumbers but do not eat a lot just one when I fancy it

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've never tried pickled cucumber but I do love pickled onions. I buy the Baxters big ones (not the Silverskins) and slice one up to add to my egg mayo or tinned salmon salads. A really big one makes no difference to my levels.

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Many thanks all. I am just going to go for it. I never thought, just a few weeks ago, that I would be worrying about the nutritional value of a small pickled cucumber. Its a funny old life.