1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Much happier!

Discussion in 'Success Stories and Testimonials' started by Sukayalid, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Sukayalid

Sukayalid · Active Member

The last year for me has been really up and down especially emotionally. I was told last year that I was diabetic. Hba1c test was 50, GTT fasting was 6.9 and two hours after glucose 7.2
    Went on low carb diet, lost 16kg in weight, swim at least 3 times per week (due to sore feet, swimming is easier) my target weight of 70kg is only 7 kg away. Slipped a little this week as I was on a few days holiday but my anxiety has improved. Been on Citalopram for 6 months has helped a lot. Will be trying to ween myself off over the next month, so keep fingers crossed. Last weeks GTT was 5.7 and 5.1 . Improvement, yay

• Like Like x 10
  2. mammamia2006

mammamia2006 · Guest

Well done, that is really good! :D

3. Patricia21

Patricia21 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Great congratulations.

4. Arab Horse

Arab Horse Type 2 · Well-Known Member

That is great, you were not as bad to start with as many of us were so hopefully you will be able to reverse your disbetes with careful management of your weight and diet. Well done.

5. urbanracer

urbanracer Type 1 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

WELL DONE ! (Were all entitled to break- just don't fall off the wagon though.)

6. vintageutopia

vintageutopia Type 2 · Well-Known Member

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook