1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Multiple Medical n being T1

Discussion in 'Other Health Conditions and Diabetes' started by Nyxks, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Nyxks

Nyxks Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I have the following... Acute Intermittent Porphyria, please polycystic ovarian syndrome, degenerative disc disease, spinal osteoarthritis, aracnoditis, intractable pain, cauda equina and motor neuropathy. So alphabet soup of medical issues in general.

I'm wondering if there are others here who live with any of the listed and how do you deal with the pain and if you are also wheelchair bound how does that effect your glucose control.

I can't take any of the current market pain medication so I'm in limbo of treatment, mostly relying on heat and pressure to get me though when the pain spikes.

Unfortunately I'm also a full time caregiver of a parent with Alzheimer's that it's causing hypos (even more lack of sleep, high stress, and being hyper vigilant) as apposed to the hypers that the pain on its own has been causing. Plus my husband is a uncontrolled epileptic but that's not a big deal for dealing with compared to my dad n his Alzheimer's.

• Hug Hug x 3
  2. Pipp

Pipp Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Wow, that is a rough mix, @Nyxks .
    I don’t have T1, but I can identify with some of the others and a few different ones thrown into the mix. Also the caring for parent with dementia. Though that was some years ago now.

I hope you can get some help with respite from your caring responsibilities. It is important to find some time to relax and rest.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook