Multiple phones for Libre

jaretti

Hi all.
I've been using Libre for 3 weeks now using provided reader, however it's a hassle keeping it in my pocket at all times.
My work phone has NFC, but my personal doesn't. I will upgrade to NFC enabled phone, but my question is can few phones be connected at the same time to the same sensor? And if yes then how I should activate then? Reader, then phone 1, then phone 2 etc???
Thanks

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, Welcome!

In my experience, no, you can only be logged in on one phone. if you tried to do it with two phones, it'll automatically log off on your previous phone, in my case my bf's phone. But if I'm out without my phone, I can log onto my bf's phone to use it. If it's activated on your libre reader, then you can scan it to use your phone no problem.

Reactions: jaretti

jaretti

So just to clarify:
I activate it with reader. I don't need to activate any phones. At home and around I can you my personal phone to scan it . When I'm at work I can you my work phone to scan it.
Is that correct?
And thanks for a quick answer

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So just to clarify:
I activate it with reader. I don't need to activate any phones. At home and around I can you my personal phone to scan it . When I'm at work I can you my work phone to scan it.
Is that correct?
And thanks for a quick answer

From my understanding is that you can't be logged on the librelink app on two phones, if you log on one phone, it'll log off on your previous phone. so you'll need to log in each time to use another phone to scan your libre. If I remember correctly, or correct me if im wrong, if you activated it on your reader, I don't think you need to activate on your phone. - you just scan it and off you go. but let me know once you've sorted out your phone. I'd like to add that sometimes it's good to have both the reader and your phone on you. I had some situations where the app wasn't working.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
You must start the sensor with the reader and then activate a phone within 1 hour. I do it immediately. You can then scan with either.

If you scan with another phone it will inform you that this will stop your use of the other phone.

I have only ever made one switch on any single sensor do don't know if you could flip flop, but whilst your data on libreview would consolidate both/all phones, the data on the phone's would only have the scans it did.

jaretti

Thanks for your replies guys,
So tonight while at work I have managed to scan with my work mobile when earlier in the week scanned with wife's phone. Haven't got any messages saying that it will stop use of another phone. I am using Glimp, so maybe this app doesn't restrict?
I'm also beginning to doubt if it's necessary to activate phone within an hour after activating with the reader...
In any case great bit of kit

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah, glimp. That probably will work as you want. The single phone restriction is due to libreview I think, only wanting a single data source.

Reactions: jaretti

Libreuser1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I tried to login in my work phone and that logged me off from my personal phone. But now im not seeing sensor data in my phone or in my work phone. How to get the data back ? I signed out and deleted the app in my work phone and just logged in my phone as before. Not seeing any data.