mum of 3 year old T1

Mini-Mimi

you know, i never even thought about letting someone practise on me, so today you can guess what Mia's dad will be doing :D
she's only on two injections of insulin a day at the moment so Nursery don't have to worry about that .....yet, the nurse said after a month they may change her to an injection at each meal so she has more freedom in regards to what she eats. i'm not sure how i feel about them doing her injection tho, i know they'll have to when she goes in full time because i dont want Mia expecting that i'm going to be there for every one.
i need to teach my mam how to do it all too as she spends alot of time with her, she is very reluctant to do it tho incase she hurts her, even tho she knows it's only a tiny bit of pain for a few seconds, and Mia is over it before it even begins.
in regards to her dad, well, this is gonna be fun cos Mia is such a mummys girl,he tries bless him but the hours he works means he doesnt get that much time with her so i know were going to have a game letting her let her dad do it :?

Blissfool

Hi - my son was diagnosed August, age 33 months. Everything got hurled out the window and fast speed and I look at me and my husband and our son now and there are days where I feel an overwhelming sense of sadness and anger at the unfair randomness of diabetes. The first day I was home alone with him, after 8 days in hospital, He had a hypo and later managed to disconnect his pump. A friend arrived to find me on the floor crying and my toddling son patting my back saying "it's alright now mummy, I'm not sick now"...But the other day, we had a day where we baked biscuits, played in puddles, built train sets, visited grandparents and laughed a lot. The days are still hard, and the nigh harder as his levels go haywire with a tooth infection (surgery next week) and it can feel like there will never be normal again. What I realised in that day was that it was possible to see my son again, and not the diabetes. TRy and be gentle on yourself. And yes, I feel there needs to be more support for families at this stage too. Much love x