Muppets and Puppets

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No this isn’t a swipe at any NHS staff. :)
Let me set the scene.......it’s 2.44 a.m this morning. I’m in bed , awake, in need of knowledge. More to the point I need to know is there a difference between muppets and puppets? If there is a difference what is it? Does the dictionary list them differently?
I’m laying there contemplating this dilemma, trying to find some answers that maybe buried deep deep in my not too knowledgeable brain.
A glance at the red illuminated numbers to my right and it’s now 2.51 a.m.
Amongst all the questions and brain noise going on in my head there’s a little ( non diabetic) voice saying “ something ain’t right here fool “. I choose to ignore it:banghead:
Back to the Muppets and Puppets. Not really coming up with any thing that is answering my curiosity. Glance at the time......2.54 a.m......
“ ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME YOU FOOL? “ It was that not so little voice again. “GET YOUR **** OUT OF BED AND CHECK YOUR SUGARS, THIS AINT NORMAL !!!!!!”
Well a trip to the kitchen, blurry eyed finger prick and surprise surprise.......3.5.
4 jelly babies and a digestive biscuit then back to bed to sleep peacefully until 4.40 time to get up for work time.

This is what makes T1 so much fun and so hard for everyone else to fully understand :):)

I’m hoping and praying I don’t find myself in a threesome with Kermit and Miss Piggy tonight :woot::woot:

D

Deleted member 308541

Let me set the scene.......it’s 2.44 a.m this morning. I’m in bed , awake, in need of knowledge. More to the point I need to know is there a difference between muppets and puppets? If there is a difference what is it? Does the dictionary list them differently?
I’m laying there contemplating this dilemma, trying to find some answers that maybe buried deep deep in my not too knowledgeable brain.
I used to get those ear worms before going before bed there would be no good nights sleep. I now take a relaxer type medication to stop the old brain churn at night.

Reactions: kitedoc

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Love your description! (not the hypo of course)
Did you find out the difference between muppets and puppets before getting out of your hypo? Or maybe afterwards? I'm intrigued now. And no, I'm not low at the moment.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Love your description! (not the hypo of course)
Did you find out the difference between muppets and puppets before getting out of your hypo? Or maybe afterwards? I'm intrigued now. And no, I'm not low at the moment.
I did google it this afternoon purely out of curiosity.
Jim Henson is to blame it would seem:):):)

Reactions: lessci

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@therower ,
Reading this...? As far as you said "let me set the scene." I knew it was a hypo...

One has the same conversation with one's self "stoners" have on a late night session...

Been caught "there" myself.. ;) (don't ask. A slow basal creeper. That's all I need to know.)

Edited to elabourate; "time paradoxical "sci fi" stuff, tends to be my "trigger." (I have the answer to it all. Then gone whilst "coming up.)

Last edited:

mike@work

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
“ ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME YOU FOOL? “ It was that not so little voice again. “GET YOUR **** OUT OF BED AND CHECK YOUR SUGARS, THIS AINT NORMAL !!!!!!”

This is what makes T1 so much fun and so hard for everyone else to fully understand :):)

A Winner for you, who listened to the small voice inside your head!

Strange, by the way - I understand you without any problems - have no idea why...

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Warning Graphic Content!

I hate the hypo nightmares.
The waking up sweating and shaking after some horrendous bloodthirsty dream, not knowing if my brain really IS that gory, or if it it is 'just' a hypo. Like any hypo is 'just' anything.

One of the worst that I can remember was soon after The Walking Dead started to air.
I woke up in heart thudding trauma because a rotting zombie hand had just reached for me, up behind my pillow (between the mattress and the head board).
It couldn't quite reach me, but was busy trying to scrape the blue-grey necrotic flesh off its own bones to get its arm further up through the gap.

And of course, the worst thing was knowing it was a hypo, but also knowing that my emergency hypo treatment (peanut butter, because I have reactive hypoglycaemia, not T1, so treat a bit differently) was all the way over in my bedside table, and if I reached out over the carpet the zombie would get me. I had to stay safe in the middle of the mattress. It was a matter of life or death.

Not fun.

It took a while to get my head straight. And get the light on (also on the bedside table!), so I could see that there was no zombie.

I still remember that one some 10 (?) years later.

Reactions: kitedoc and porl69

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Warning Graphic Content!

I hate the hypo nightmares.
The waking up sweating and shaking after some horrendous bloodthirsty dream, not knowing if my brain really IS that gory, or if it it is 'just' a hypo. Like any hypo is 'just' anything.

One of the worst that I can remember was soon after The Walking Dead started to air.
I woke up in heart thudding trauma because a rotting zombie hand had just reached for me, up behind my pillow (between the mattress and the head board).
It couldn't quite reach me, but was busy trying to scrape the blue-grey necrotic flesh off its own bones to get its arm further up through the gap.

And of course, the worst thing was knowing it was a hypo, but also knowing that my emergency hypo treatment (peanut butter, because I have reactive hypoglycaemia, not T1, so treat a bit differently) was all the way over in my bedside table, and if I reached out over the carpet the zombie would get me. I had to stay safe in the middle of the mattress. It was a matter of life or death.

Not fun.

It took a while to get my head straight. And get the light on (also on the bedside table!), so I could see that there was no zombie.

I still remember that one some 10 (?) years later.
Wow. I'm so happy I'm reading this now and not right before bed... Could give me nightmares easily, hypo or not. Especially as there's about 4 cm room between the mattress and the wall, directly connecting with my basement...
I'm forever looking in my basement for lost books, lighters, insulin treatment, dog treats and other random stuff I collect in my bed

D

Deleted Account

Weirdly, for me it is high BG that leads to bizarre dreams.
They are not necessarily scary but definitely odd.
I seem to have them in that half awake stage when I have enough sense to know they are weird and maybe related to my BG but not awake enough to do a BG test without giving myself a strong talking to ... whilst dancing with a cartoon character or some such.
Thankfully, I don't remember them for long - they're just disposable thoughts.

Reactions: kitedoc and hh1

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Surely it's that not all puppets are muppets, but all muppets are puppets.

I'll go now.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
..........keep taking the tablets...........you muppet!:hilarious:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Surely it's that not all puppets are muppets, but all muppets are puppets.

I'll go now.

Jim Henson's creations tend to be partly marionette. Which is believed to be where it came from that.
But the arms are controlled by wire, so I don buy the story how the "muppet" name sticks
It could have been a misspronouciation in the early days by the target audience of a pre-school kids
But the name fits & as a franchise brand, it does the trick.. :)

Bluey1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who try and make Diabetes the centre of the party and poor me, I'm special because I have diabetes now everyone run around after me.
There is a massive difference between the 2, the lower your BGL the bigger the difference. :)