Murder in the kitchen

Sweet_Sophie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
T1 but I also have limited eating due to difficulties with stomach and colon.

I've never enjoyed shopping but my hubby took this over for me as I found it very hard to go in shops and not be able to buy meat. Didnt like fish (learnt to accept little buts now). Couldnt have onions that I love. Couldnt have heaps of salad that I loved.. all only skinned cucumber and avocado for a salad..

However, now I realuse that 5 seconds after going past an aisle of meat for example I have forgotten it.
By time I get to car park-I've got no thoughts on anything besides getting home.

Hubby has adapted his eating to mine. I never asked him to, he is just wonderful not to make me sad.

My thoughts are as well.. if I cant eat and buy the same as normal people then that money will go to best organic that I can get and some treats for us...

However, food is still delicious. We both love caulicheese or broccoli, mushy veg like roasted bnut squash, courgettes, celeriac cut into chips.
Not all low carb but because I eat amall quantities it doesnt matter.

My tea plate of food also takes me as ling as others with full plates as I ensure I chew a lot and not gulp... and I talk as well!!

We also do food list together and plan meals.

We do make really good enjoyable meals for both of us but we havent got children to think about.

I do think though that because my hubby has seen me with my stomach, colon and ambulances etc that its been easier for us to do because he can see the effects of ill health on me.
Diabetes alone is not visible to family and it doesnt really matter how much they care they can still walk round without paying to much attention to the diabetes.... not there fault.

I put it quite basic terms... having had a double mastectomy my hubby would not say go and buy yourself a new bra!! However, thats visible... effects from stomach is visible so again he will not consider attempting to enjoy supermarket shops. However, with just T1 he had less worries as not visible and he never really paid much attention to food then.

Diabetes is still hidden and some of joe public are still under the impression that medication only is necessary...

Food for thoughts

Reactions: donnellysdogs

Sweet_Sophie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you everyone. On week 4 of summer holidays I think menu and meal wise I'm ready for my children to go back to school and school diners !!!

Reactions: donnellysdogs