Musclefood alternatives?

Vidar

So with going back on my low carb/ dirty keto diet which worked so well for me last time. I'm looking to stock up on meats. I always used to use musclefood but found my last several orders haven't been of the same quality as I'd come to expect. Chicken breasts for example where full of water and less tasty. Plus they've always been lean when I want more fatty cuts and they've also gotten rid of a lot of the variety they used to have like Ostrich.

Can someone recommend an alternative, somewhere I can get 5kg of chicken breast for around £30 but can also get good cuts of meat like decent sized steak etc? Any help is appreciated.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Chicken breasts for example where full of water and less tasty. Plus they've always been lean when I want more fatty cuts
Legs? Wings?
The breasts are the leanest part of the chicken.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Legs? Wings?
The breasts are the leanest part of the chicken.
I prefer them with the skin on as well, they are hard to get now though from where I get mine from. have never really seen a lot of moisture coming from the braests when cooking on a hot grill.

Chicken thighs have the most fat on though.

Reactions: Antje77

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can someone recommend an alternative, somewhere I can get 5kg of chicken breast for around £30 but can also get good cuts of meat like decent sized steak etc? Any help is appreciated.

I haven’t used them myself, but these guys are frequently recommended on a carnivore Facebook group I’m a member of:
https://www.meatsupermarket.com/

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I get almost all of mine from Cost Co , and it’s cheap , good for everything from Chicken breast to Turkey steaks ! Beef chunks , steaks ! Even great for high protein fish like salmon etc , you can even buy ready cooked chickens at under £5 and they are massive , and they very rarely get passed the car park lol