Type 2 Mushy peas and wonky conflicting readings:

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Back in the day a classic dish at half time during the bingo session at the Working Men's Clubs in the area was ........
Black pudding and mushy peas. A delicacy for the working man;););)

Reactions: Bluetit1802
P

pollensa

To my knowledge, peas are a no no for many if not all, its one of the veggies on the EAT MODERATE list, so that may be the cause, I did not know this until I was informed, I since stopped eating them altogether. Its like fruit I was naive also often eating and blending for smoothies, tropical pineapple, banana, paw paw mango, kiwi, healthy healthy not to be....infact, I was preparing myself a cocktail of unhealthy sugars, and actually the first day I had an on spot finger test for sugar after doing a healthy walk of 5klm for breakfast I had a cocktail of fruits in blender, as the chemist informed, your sugars are high because of this, I did not dare tell her, for three days previous, I had been doing the same for breakfast and lunch.....so we all learn dont we....
Also forgot to add when speaking about peas, peas have 14g per 100g, cooked but only 6g per 100g uncooked, so if frozen taken them out of the freezer, and just let them thaw for example, another tip, Carrots although on the moderate list 10gr per 100g, v. raw carrot which is only 3g, quite a difference, so lets all get started eating raw veggies, sounds good to me especially if the carbs are much less, like munching on a crispy carrot I dont refer to snacking, no snacking allowed, but say at lunch with a salad and dip into a fantastico guacamole.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Also forgot to add when speaking about peas, peas have 14g per 100g, cooked but only 6g per 100g uncooked, so if frozen taken them out of the freezer, and just let them thaw for example, another tip, Carrots although on the moderate list 10gr per 100g, v. raw carrot which is only 3g, quite a difference, so lets all get started eating raw veggies, sounds good to me especially if the carbs are much less, like munching on a crispy carrot I dont refer to snacking, no snacking allowed, but say at lunch with a salad and dip into a fantastico guacamole.

Just looked at a packet of Birds Eye frozen peas. 7.5g per 100g as sold, and 7.5g per 100g microwaved. Where have you got your 14g per 100g from?

P

pollensa

Just looked at a packet of Birds Eye frozen peas. 7.5g per 100g as sold, and 7.5g per 100g microwaved. Where have you got your 14g per 100g from?

Thank you for this update, I got my info from Dr. David Cavan Book Reverse Diabetes, so if anyone asked me which comparison I guess I would go for trusting Dr. Cavan over and above the marketing, they have to sell, Dr. Cavan I would imagine is trying to give sound and constructive advice?

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for this update, I got my info from Dr. David Cavan Book Reverse Diabetes, so if anyone asked me which comparison I guess I would go for trusting Dr. Cavan over and above the marketing, they have to sell, Dr. Cavan I would imagine is trying to give sound and constructive advice?
But the manufacturers are legally obliged to give accurate nutritional information.

P

pollensa

But the manufacturers are legally obliged to give accurate nutritional information.
yes, this is quite correct, sometimes??? look at Fage Yogurts, it clearly states 0% total, one would assume and presume, never do that, it would be no sugars or fat for example, but its not the case, there are sugars and the 0% is only other areas, so its a little deceiving, marketing technique, but your so right, ethically, manufacturers should legally follow the strict criteria rules.

have a nice evening.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
yes, this is quite correct, sometimes??? look at Fage Yogurts, it clearly states 0% total, one would assume and presume, never do that, it would be no sugars or fat for example, but its not the case, there are sugars and the 0% is only other areas, so its a little deceiving, marketing technique, but your so right, ethically, manufacturers should legally follow the strict criteria rules.

have a nice evening.

I think you are looking at the name of the yogurt - Total 0%, which is referring only to the 0% fat it contains. On the nutrition label it clearly states 3g carbs per 100g carbs.

https://www.ocado.com/webshop/produ...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CJf9vr2us9sCFRIx0wodEM0MKQ

P

pollensa

I think you are looking at the name of the yogurt - Total 0%, which is referring only to the 0% fat it contains. On the nutrition label it clearly states 3g carbs per 100g carbs.

Yes, your quite correct, it does when you actually pick up the yogurt and check he side back outer box re sugars shown and carbs, I was just mentioned, at first glance sitting on the shelf the name is clear Fage, the advertising on the small tub is total 0% so I assumed and presumed wrongly, my fault for not picking up the tub to check the general info, I thought "Oh, wonderful a yogurt with 0% total that would include no sugars. Some producers of goods, are little naughty as spoken, re what legal obligations they have, I have friend in Oz,who works for sun screen creams, and the ratios they have no protection, 10, 20 30, up to 50, it seems and I have hear this before also up to 10 protection yes there is protection, but that same protection content whatever it is, is exactly the same for 20, 30, 50 sun screen, there is no more than the 10, yet if you have ever viewed the prices, they are much higher for the 20, 30 and 50 suncreams than the non protection and lower protection of 10? but we have to hope this does not happen often is minority and majority follow the road rules...? yes, your correct in advices, it was my own wrong assumptions of taking total 0% that woudl have referred to no sugars, Fage not to blame,they did quote, but they should I feel on front of pot hd words Total 0% Fat, that would not have lead to assumptions may be.

https://www.ocado.com/webshop/produ...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CJf9vr2us9sCFRIx0wodEM0MKQ