mushy peas

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
If they don't affect your blood glucose levels you should be fine so long as either a) you live alone or b) have a well fitting cork I suppose there is c) a partner with no sense of smell :eek:

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Nothing bad in them, low fat, maybe a bit of added sugar, some protein and iron, so if you're not on a strict low carb diet, and the sugar isn't affecting you, they should be good for you, and if you factor the calories into the meal if your watching them

Worth looking at one without sugar added if you can, probably frozen rather than canned if irc.

mrs gimli

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Racists or hatred. Disrespect for people.
Ohhh I love mushy peas.

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
Mushy peas, yum! Lucky you if they don't push your BG up. A 100g can has 12g carbs which is too much for me.

shane-1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rain and sheep
ah but they are ok the odd occasion ,like 2 or 3 times a year

mrs gimli

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Would fresh home made be better though

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was amazed at all the cans/frozen suggestions! We have always made our own, and so easy! Nothing added at all. Dried peas, vacuum flask, hot water, pinch of bi-carb, leave over night. Heat up. Yummy, and so much fibre!

mrs gimli

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
That's what I was thinking not cans at all..fresh fish cooked with peppers and mushy peas ..beautiful meal...

shane-1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rain and sheep
I was amazed at all the cans/frozen suggestions! We have always made our own, and so easy! Nothing added at all. Dried peas, vacuum flask, hot water, pinch of bi-carb, leave over night. Heat up. Yummy, and so much fibre!
im a man ,everything comes in a can :hilarious:

Danny Prince

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
My Likes
Daily 0_o how could you like them that much, But no should be totally fine if they don't do anything to levels

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
That's how we always had them, apart from using a flask :), a cheap, very nutritious vegetable, however they are high in carbs, 26g per quarter cup. They spike my BG to more than 12 so are a definite no no for me.