Music concert worries

Ellie's mum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
We're the kind of parents that if we can afford to do something the kids have asked to do then we will do it, within reason

We've done the xfactor tour and we did 'jingle bell ball' just before Xmas. So when the kids asked to go to 'summer time ball' it seemed natural to book the tickets. After all they don't stay young forever, we want them to have amazing memories to share in years to come, as all too soon they'll be too old to be doing things with mum and dad.

A week tomorrow we will be making the 190 mile journey to London for the weekend. A journey I have played out several times in my head. I have check lists for everything and then reminders to check those check lists yet my head is spinning all the time in case we forget something. This is the first time we'll have been away from home since our daughters diagnosis .

I know we have this 'in the bag', I know we have covered every eventuality. This is a weekend where the focus needs to be on both kids, their love of music just like before and not on diabetes, but to be honest I'm scared to death of the 'what if's'

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hey Ellie's Mum

extra insulin , extra test strips , a spare bg meter , batteries , spare pens , a frio bag

some long acting carb ( jacobs cream crackers or digestive biscuits) , the usual fast acting carb ( not sure what gets used by Ellie )
some dextrose tablets in case they don't let lucozade bottles in the venue .

you'll be fine !!

don't forget the tickets:D

Reactions: 7 people

Ellie's mum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thank you!

Dextrose and hob nobs are her hypo choice, it's what we tried the first time she hypo'd and it worked so stuck with it lol.

As for forgetting the tickets, that is something I would probably do

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 4 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
As for forgetting the tickets, that is something I would probably do
emoji23.png

That you don't want to do, I'm sure all well be fine, hope you all enjoy the weekend @Ellie's mum :)

Reactions: 4 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
FAB MUM Strikes again -- you had it covered the whole time :)

Reactions: 3 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just plan ahead and you will be fine, you sound super organised!