My BG Graph pre and post LCHF

MrsGruffy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I finally figured out how to share my BG graph. I used my tablet to take a photo of the screen of my phone, and then emailed the photo to myself, downloaded it, and voila! Here it is. I bet you can't tell when I changed my diet from the dietitian's recommendations to LCHF (HA!) I am not recording macros or anything so tight. I have just upped my fats, and reduced my carbs by knocking out pretty much everything except vegies, meats, dairy, eggs and nuts. I've also lost 3kg so far. I'm beginning to feel less sluggish and more motivated, which I knew would happen once I saw those kgs start dropping away. I was hungry the first couple of days and would curb that by a handful of nuts and a lot of water.

My eyes are still blurry.. last night was the worst. I could not read my emails at all. Usually I can squint and it's challenging but not impossible to read them. I'm hanging out for the 8 weeks from beginning LCHF for my eyes to straighten themselves out - unless my diabetes educator is wrong about that.. I hope not. I've had to withdraw from Uni this semester because my vision is so messed up.
BGGraph04052018.jpg
BGGraph04052018.jpg

AmyLH

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm going to try a LCHF diet soon as I am putting weight on like crazy.. I've just got a cgm and my bg always spikes to like 20mmol after I eat, it does come down after 2hs or so to around 8mmolwhich is my target anyway but I've seen a lot of people's graphs that are way less spikier than mine!!

Reactions: dbr10 and MrsGruffy

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So proud of it, I've posted it twice.. honestly not sure what happened there!

Hi there. Nice graph. :)

As far as your vision is concerned, some people are able to make things a bit more comfortable by using cheap and cheerful ready readers, reading glasses from the supermarket or department store for a few pounds/dollars a time. Of course that's only an interim solution, but if it makes rerading easier for even a short while, it could be worth trying.

As you have alrerady identified, it is worthwhile waitng forr it to improved. Keep up the good work!

Reactions: dbr10

MrsGruffy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi there. Nice graph. :)

As far as your vision is concerned, some people are able to make things a bit more comfortable by using cheap and cheerful ready readers, reading glasses from the supermarket or department store for a few pounds/dollars a time. Of course that's only an interim solution, but if it makes rerading easier for even a short while, it could be worth trying.

As you have alrerady identified, it is worthwhile waitng forr it to improved. Keep up the good work!

Sadly, I already wear super strong multi focals and have a special pair of computer glasses I had made just before my diagnosis - apparently they'll be useless once my vision improves, so I have a bit of a fight coming up with the optometrist, who should have asked me a few questions because my eyes suddenly went so blurry... at least, that's what my diabetes educator reckons. I just hope we can negotiate on the next lot.. I spent over $1000 on the ones I just got :( Put myself into debt trying to stay in school because my eyes were so bad.