My blood pressure good bad or indifferent ?

Barry Holt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Drivers who speed in built up areas
GM ,I've been feeling a bit out of sorts for a couple of days now,a bit light headed ,legs a bit woolly,I'm sure you get the picture so the boss insisted that I take my blood pressure(not sure it's a good thing sometimes) anyway first test was 90 over 59 L waited a few minutes and did it again 102 over 60 and third test gave me 114 over 62 any pointers guys

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
hi @Barry Holt - I have hypertension and have to monitor my BP and my levels fluctuate. If the readings you refer to is on the same day I've been told by my docs that you should do readings over a few days to get a better picture. If you continue to get the type of readings you're getting they're indicating low BP for sure. But then you mention you've been feeling out of sorts for a couple of days so it may be worth seeing your doc as soon as you can to discuss this further as it may be your BP is too low and there could be another issue causing it too that your doc needs to investigate for you. Do you have a monitor at home? I wish you the best. :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This chart may help you:

large

it is taken from here
http://www.bloodpressureuk.org/Bloo...cs/Bloodpressurechart/main_content/wFvl/large

I would suggest that if you have any concerns about blood pressure, that seeing your practice nurse or doctor should be your first step.

Reactions: 7 people

Barry Holt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Drivers who speed in built up areas
Hi yes got own meter, I think my plan of attack will be to monitor my BP over the weekend and if still around the lowish side try to get doctors appointment on Monday ,if I'm lucky

Reactions: 2 people

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
I have low blood pressure: 90/52 when last measured by my GP.

It's worth checking if any of your medications list low blood pressure as a side effect (that's what's causing mine), in case your GP can prescribe an alternative.

Your GP will probably just advise you to drink plenty of water and to take care when standing up (as you may fall if dizzy). It's not serious, compared to high blood pressure.

Also take care not to confuse the symptoms with a hypo, thinking you need a glass of water rather than glucose (which has happened to me.), so test if in doubt.

Good advice to see your doctor in the first place.