my blood reading

linkinparkfan

Dislikes
I still eat like am not a diabetic LOL
my blood is 21.5 and it has been rising all night i dont know what to do because i know high blood is dangerous??

HLW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ketones yes or no?

You could ring NHS direct, they'll put you through (or ring you) to a GP if you tell them you are type 1, have blood sugar 21.7, and have no fast acting insulin. They will ask you lots of random questions first though, just answer them first then they will put you through to someone.

JUSTFOCUS

Dislikes
Scrooge . People who are always feeling sorry for themselves . The NHS . The benefit agency .Atttention seekers on forums or chat rooms.
Hi linc
what have you eaten today? I noticed on one of previous posts you had eaten some chocolate buttons.

linkinparkfan

Dislikes
my keytones are 0.1 i have not eating any choclate today the last thing i eat was spaghetti on toast around 9pm it keeps going up then down i went to the hospital the other night because my blood was high and wasint feeling well but the pulse in my neck has been hurting all night dont know if my high blood is causeing that though

HLW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
With no fast acting insulin, all you can do is make sure to keep hydrated, as you will probably be weeing more with high blood sugar.

Keep an eye on your ketone level. Ring NHS Direct if unsure.

You need fast acting insulin, I see from your other post you are due to start it soon though.

Edit: just seen your post. Personally I'd ring them up if I had levels of 20 and no fast acting insulin.

linkinparkfan

Dislikes
ok i take back the i feel good above my stomach hurts and blury vision better ring up

linkinparkfan

Dislikes
ok i just hope il be allright cause i asked my mom to ring up for me but shes saying nothing bads going to happen so shes not ringing up wich is really unfair cause anything could happen am not feeling good eaither :(

Levy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
linkinparkfan said:
my blood is 21.5 and it has been rising all night i dont know what to do because i know high blood is dangerous??

Are you using any long acting insulin like Lantus or Levemir? If so, did you forget to take it? I know I sometimes do...

ewan

Dislikes
kidneys, sci fi and hooror
my advice,

i dont know your age (asked mum to ring) with sugars that high and if you have NO access to insulin ie fast acting, if you have access to long acting and have taken it, try not to eat until sugars come down,

HOWEVER given your concerns and worries and that your sugars are high, i might just nip to a A&E dept to be safe!!!!!!

or if you have access to a DB dept, give them a ring

good luck

linkinparkfan

Dislikes
yeah i am on levi just take that in the morning but am on fast acting insulin aswell started today :)

ewan

Dislikes
kidneys, sci fi and hooror
was that (out on fast acting) becuase you have noe seen some one? the fast acting should now help you bring the 'spikey' highs down.

are you now sorted?

take care with it all and yourself, good luck