Type 2 My blood sugar control is not good.

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi

I haven't posted on here in a while.
My diabetes control is not good.
I feel tired all the time, My latest Hba1c was 71. My Endo told me to go onto insulin and yet after a few weeks it isn't
bringing my blood sugars down. I am still working and i am struggling at work. I just thought i would post and see what everyone else is up to.

Novorapid and Lantus is what i am taking.
Oh and Gliclizade and Sitagplitin. & Metfromin
for the glic its only 80x1 and sitagplitin 1 daily 100mg and metformin 500x4

I am surprised my a1c is only 71 and not any higher.

Anyway. i dont want to ramble anymore.

:woot::woot::woot::woot:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My Endo told me to go onto insulin and yet after a few weeks it isn't
bringing my blood sugars down.
How are your doses being adjusted? It takes time to find the right dose.
Hope things will improve for you soon!

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How are your doses being adjusted? It takes time to find the right dose.
Hope things will improve for you soon!

Hiya

Endo told me something about every 3 days up 2 units if i am not down to normal. but Lantus i take 30 units a day and Novorapid around 10 units per meal

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Endo told me something about every 3 days up 2 units if i am not down to normal. but Lantus i take 30 units a day and Novorapid around 10 units per meal
So have you been upping the doses as per your endo's instructions? It may just take a bit longer to find the right doses for you, some people need as little as 10 units total over the day, others need a couple of hundred units. So it makes sense to slowly build up to prevent serious hypos.

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Are you carefully measuring the carbs in your food and drink so you can balance it better?
I find I get carb creep when I stop measuring and judge by eye, so go back to measuring everything for a while to get me back on track.

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So have you been upping the doses as per your endo's instructions? It may just take a bit longer to find the right doses for you, some people need as little as 10 units total over the day, others need a couple of hundred units. So it makes sense to slowly build up to prevent serious hypos.
Sorry for the late reply. i have only just gone back on insulin, and yes i do up the insulin every 3 days but i remember endo telling me until it comes down to normal and i am yet to find that right dose. i used to take 100 units per meal and it never helped

Reactions: Antje77

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are you carefully measuring the carbs in your food and drink so you can balance it better?
I find I get carb creep when I stop measuring and judge by eye, so go back to measuring everything for a while to get me back on track.

I believe i will get help to understand the measuring side of things via my DN but i do have a scale.