My daughter

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
It's veery worrying for parents. probably more than for the children. The more you learn tthe better she will be.
good luck to both of you [and Dad]
Hana

Shell1

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Aww I always turn to this site for advise . We were offered two fixed doses or multiple injections when she was in hospital when she was first diagnosed,even though it broke my heart for her to have to endure lots more jabs I no it will help to have better control with her sugars and keep her healthy in later life.do you have a good support team in your area .i can text and phone Chloe's diabetic nurse 7 days a week until 9 the support ha been outstanding even if its a quick question or a little worry they are always on hand to help.i hope you have the same support the first month all I did was worry and cry I couldn't work properly I was to pre occupied with thoughts of diabetes but it does get easier as time goes on I promise x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Concernd-mam

Yeah that's y I like this site because there's parents on here who know how hard it is for our children and what a struggle it is for us parents because there is no one around by me who I know that got a child with diabetes that I can relate to or go to for advice. X

faeoj

the freestyle insulinx is a good meter for newly diagnosed or beginners! like the accucheck it offers you a suggested insulin dose! it sounds like the fixed injections aren't working for your daughter and she maybe needs to inject throughout the day to get rid of the roller coaster effect! as you said you are both new to it and are still learning so don't panick about getting things wrong you need to experiment to see what works and what doesn't x

Paul TManuel

I also want to share something that, My diabetic nurse is always there when I need her but she's been away for the last couple of weeks an not back till next week so we been dealing with someone who don't really know the history of my daughters diabetes. They didnt give me a book about carbs or calories. She's on a fixed dose of nova mix of 9 units and 5 units but we have noticed a pattern in her BMs now and they are between low and normal at breakfast and lunch then before dinner they are really high they go from 12.0 up to 30. Thanks to all who join in this discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:

scotishchic

Hi I would defiantly agree with the multiple injects the rapid nova last 4 hours so it a lot easier to do 4 injunctions one with each meal and they get a snack in between of around 20g of carbs and a long running insulin to work tho the day it allows them to have a much normal live and your dealing with a much shorter time span which makes it easier for you as it a long easier to have an idea of eating and the things they are likely to be doing in the shorter time
It is a lot to take in I am diabetic my self so when my daughter was diagnosed it was not as scary but I sat up at night and never sleep but it will get easier put a baby monitor in her room at night it might help but u will hear here they make a lot of noise in my experience in the night make sure u have the injection of glucose on hand and the dextrogel u can put that right in to there mouth it melts so they won't choke you get them from ur gp hope this help and remember it will get better