my daughters results ?

madisonsmum

Hi,
I need some advice. My daughter 8, went into hospital with a suspected ashtma attack 6 weeks ago, her blood tests came back and the concern about diabetes started. she has had all the tests and its come back that she is on her way to having diabetes. They have said she could be lucky and it not fully progress but the odds are not in her favor.
So now im a little confused about it all, she gets alot of headaches, and has mood swings everyday!! she is being tested every other day for her glucose levels but its so overwelming.
Has anybody else gone through this, in limbo? i dont know what to say to the school if anything?
any advice would be great
thanks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't worry if you don't get many replies. It doesn't mean that you are being ignored, it just means that no-one has an 8 year old daughter in similar circumstances.

Mood swings are a possibility if the blood sugar is low but that only happens normally when the patient is on medication. I don't necessarily take that symptom as an indicator of diabetes but I am not a doctor.

The hospital telling you that it might not progress is at odds with the rest of the NHS who make statements like "It's a progressive condition" and "There's nothing you can do about it". There are many people who contribute to this forum who can and do do something about it.

The bottom line is don't worry too much. If she is only "on her way to having diabetes" there are many things you can do. Stay with this forum and ask questions when you have some numbers or a firm diagnosis.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Is it not possible for you to speak with the Endocrinology team at your hospital, they would be the best people to speak with regards to your daughters health and where to go from here.

Good luck and hope all works out well!