My diabetic update and COVID

JohnJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All
I am getting close to 70, about 20 years ago diagnosed as diabetic, but did not fit the 'T2 profile'. Tried all tablets, none worked so it was insulin. They thought perhaps I was a 1.5? Sugar levels were around 12 or more.

Move on to December 2021, tested positive for COVID (last thing remembered), awoke in intensive care week later (they had saved me). I left 3 months later! I shall not go into all the details but I left as T1 with anti-bodies, neuropathy, gout, 4 foot ulcers, bowel/bladder issue and stage 2 CKD. Had COVID pneumonitis, Derranged Blood Sugars (not enough insulin because surgery classed me as T2, only getting 25% insulin) and hyperactive Delirium.

The positive side of having COVID was I was properly tested after all these years and confirmed as T1. Now on my second Libre sensor!

PS. Can anyone tell me how to alter my profile details?

Thank you

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hi @JohnJ and welcome to the T1 club.
If you click on your avatar (the green J) at the top right of the page you should be able to choose "account details". This allows you to fill in your medications and also choose from various options for types of diabetes.

JohnJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you Ellie, was entering my profile from the wrong direction!

Reactions: EllieM