My Fingers are a mess!

jpflanagan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Freestyle Libre is great (I have one), though not recognised by the DVLA as a device and you still need to do a finger prick test to ensure your bloods are above 5mmol. I use the MyDario device and app on my iPod Touch 5th gen.
I then have a lancing device called the Genteel, which I ordered from the States that gets used to draw blood for the MyDario meter. Great lancing device, can use different parts to draw blood from, forearm, base of the thumb area as well as fingers. Good thing is, if you have used one area less than a couple of hours ago, you can reuse without a lancet and it will suction the blood out of the old site. Let me know if you need anymore info mate.

Daks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry didnt mean to sound snappy just a bit touchy when it comes to my hand :p . I had 250v dc run through my hand clamped it solid as a rock to the spanner I was using at the time my complete body stuck solid for a fair while after only let go when the capacitor had fully discharged about 30 seconds later. But still hear and you learn from your mistakes :)

Three phase engineer myself, work on the network everyday and seen a few accidents in my time, lucky to be alive buddy. As for your fingers mine are pretty ,much the same covered in little dots and the skin has become like rock, I do moisturise with a little coconut butter I nick of the Mrs but it don't help to much.

Stay safe fella.