My first fasting

Soo2

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi :)

I did my very first fasting blood thumb prick this morning and the result was 7.7 .
Is this ok ?

Soo

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It depends on what is was before. My first reading on my Accu-Chek Mobile meter was 9.8, but previously my blood sugar was 13.1, so that was good. I found that the readings dropped over the next few weeks to 8, 7 and are now around 6.3.

If you keep with a low carb diet, it should get better over time. Normal fasting blood sugar readings for type 2 should be in the range 4-7, so 7.7 is not far off that.

Last edited:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh i don't know what it was in the night . I had just woken up and did it

Thankyou @Art Of Flowers

You did it correctly (providing you washed your hands first). It should be done as soon as you get up, before doing anything else other than visit the bathroom.

Ideally it should be a bit lower than 7.7, but it is early days.

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Soo2 that's a bit high for prediabetes and may suggest that you need to change your diet.

As the doctor has said prediabetes you might want to change your profile so it says you are prediabetic under your profile name
<~~~ here

Soo2

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @Bluetit1802 . It was before I did anything excluding going bathroom. :)

Alison thank you for the link!!!!! But I don't know how to change it on profile. I will have a little look :)

Reactions: Alison Campbell